6x9 Boxes

Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 4
Is it worth the time and the money to buy or make 6x9 boxes if you don't have anywhere to mount them. Will it produce more bass and/or make the bass cleaner in a box?

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 100
They are so cheap, I usually have people buy them. Yes, a 6x9 in a sealed box will sound better (bass) than a freeair mounted 6x9. If you are going for bass, I would step up to a sub though.

Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 7
I knew someone would say that. The reason I want to put the 6x9s in boxes is to free up more length in my trunk for subs.

Username: Bose_boy

Post Number: 8
Cats..how much bass you looking for? I got the Infinity Kappa 6x9s in a box I made.. Sounds like a little subwoofer.. The high's are ear piercing too. That would take care of your sub thing.

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 122
Is there room on the back deck for 6x9's? You could cut out the backdeck and mount them there, which would free up the truck space for you sub setup.

Username: Dfourth

Post Number: 1
I have 6x9 boxes and I want te get a little more thump in my truck, but I do not know what type of amp or speakers to get. 99 Ford Ranger...I already switched out the door speakers for Swiss Audio

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 131
I just fit a nice pair of 8's in my neighbors ranger, and they didn't hinder the adjustment of the seats all the way back. Might think about it, 8's are cheap and will provide more low end than the 6z9's.

Username: Dfourth

Post Number: 2
So if I go with the 8s, will I still be able to use the back seats? b/c I want the added thump, but I need the back seat for my kids.

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 140
Depends, I would go to a local audio shop and see what they have to offer for your ranger. I know they are not the best, but have you thought of using SAS Bazooka's? Check them out on crutchfield, and you could strap them down under the rear seats, or see if the audio shop has a prefab box that will bolt in under the rear seats.

Bronze Member
Username: Bose_boy

Post Number: 11
Well, From my experience.. 6X9 boxes are the last resort..You get no bass out of them. I had my kappas in 6x9 boxes..and then I built a big 6x9 box..I bet I got 75% more bass,and its better bass..Its not that poping bass you get from 6x9 boxes.. The Kappa 693.5i give out some thump,but with ear piercing high's..sound even better on a nice amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us