Jonathan the kappas

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 83
I have recently installed infinity kappa perfects and notice that if I turn them loud they shut off until I turn them back down and then they go back on, is this some protection mode in the crossover? or is something else wrong? I have it set for +5dB figuring it would be louder the options are (-4dB,0dB,+5dB), mybe it has something to do with the gain or frequency please help?

Thanks in advance, matt

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3912
The crossover has protection, more than likely you are clipping, be it by improper gain, an EQ with too much boost, insufficient power to the amplifier, and so forth. I haven't met anyone who can tolerate +5db on the Perfects, you are one of few :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 85
I do like loud music, im working on a HO alt so my amps will be running better mybe it will help, also dont you set the Gain to the HU, I set it at 5 for 50wattsx4 think mybe I should go a little lower? and on the frequency do I want it higher or lower I just want loud music out of them not too much mid sound

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7855
the gain on the amplifier may be too high. you should set that tweeter flat as well. +5dB would be extremely harsh on Perfects.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us