Which is going to be better????!!!!!!!

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
is one (1)15" avalanche going to be louder then(2) 15" atlas's???? because if i got 2 wouldn't i be displacing twice as much air??- i heard the atlas is more of a SQ sub so are 2 going to be louder then 1 avalanche?

NEED TO KNOW BY TOMORROW BECAUSE IM ORDERING

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1796
Actually, I've heard that they are about the same.

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
so then since 2 15" will be cheaper and save me on an amp (600w rms vs. 800w rms) go for the 15"ss??

THANKS!^

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2852
well remember the box for the atlas' will have to be much larger then the box for the avalanche. also the avalanche will run great off 600 watts.

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
but whats going to be louder!?

are the 2 15" ATLAS'S or the 1 15" AVALANCHE

thats really all im worried bout now-- since they both have about the same SQ

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
but whats going to be louder!?

are the 2 15" ATLAS'S or the 1 15" AVALANCHE

thats really all im worried bout now-- since they both have about the same SQ

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 644
no the sq of the atlas is better than the avalanche.

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
well im really just focused on spl right now.. so are the 2 15"s going to be louder?? thats what i think but you neverknow

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
please i need to know by tomorrow!!!

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
if anybody knows anything about these 2 subs/ any expierences give me suggestions because the 2 15" atlas's are going to be 210/ and the 1 15" avalanche is going to be 225, so looking at the price and the rms wattage i thought the avalanche would be louder(it has 800w rms) and the 2 atlas's together would only have 600w rms so which is louder!!!??? NEED TO KNOW

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2375
Get the 18" Avalanche, lol.

As for the other stuff, it's really hard to say. I guess it really depends on whether you want to have so much room taken up in your car from a second 15", and what kind of amp your gonan get, or already have.

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
no room for a 18" avalanche-- if i were to get a single 15" avalanche it would be powered by the audiobahn a2800t 1x800w rms

and the 2 15" atlas's i have no idea but an amp in the 130$ price range. so what would you do if you had the space would you go 2 15" ATLAS or 1 15" avalanche

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
Please i want to order by today if anyone knows just leave somthing on these 2 subs either 2 atlas's or 1 avalanche which will be louder

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1272
If you have room for 2 Atlas 15's

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/archive/Atlas%2015%20sealed%20enclosure%20recommen dations.htm

you may very well have room for a single Avalanche 18

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/archive/Avalanche%2018%20sealed%20enclosure%20reco mmendations.htm

unless a slightly higher box height is the problem.

-Fishy

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
thats exactly the problem is right now im pusin it getting a box 16" tall in there and its tight.. thats why i was wondeirng if 1 avalanche would be louder then 2 15"s....

NO ONES ANSWERED MY QUESTION YET THO...lol its about 3:00 here and i want to order today!!!

so 1 15" avalanche--- or 2 15" atlas's(which will be louder)

Anonymous

My god, do some research yourself. Don't be such a whiner and expect others to do it for you.

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
some people don't know a thing about this stuff.. hence why this forum is here to help people-- if i knew how to tell which would be louder and whats the better ones you think i woulda started a thread?? all i see are numbers when i look at specs and they don't make a whole lota sense to me . I allready spent 3 hours sitting and looking at the AA website and other places about these subs and came up with nothing so thats why i came to this place to start a thread.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 321
call AA and talk to chad himself he will tell you instead of b1tching on this forum about a question that we cant give you an honest answer on

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2858
dude The atlas doesnt have better SQ then the avalanche I dont know where you came up with that one Bass! I would honestly go with 1 avalanche 15 in a box with outside dimensions of 16(d) x 16(H) by 24(W) and you will be all set it will have about the same total output as the atlas' and a much smaller box!

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 20
i wouldn't get neither of them. Are you after SPL or Street bass?

Cause 800watts rms off an Audiobahn isn't gonna cut it I'm afraid. I would invest in something much better.

Have a look at RE audio or ID or DD (god knows how many times I've said that), especially DD for SPL and RE for Street bass.

Anyway I think it's obvious that 2 15's would be louder than 1 15 more air displacement.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2864
Hey Dino it isnt all about air displacement when you are running sealed enclosures X-max plays a huge role in a speakers output as well and the avalanche has double the x-max of the Atlas and Yes ID and DD are very good subs but dont knock the avalanche in its ability to get loud unless you have heard it!

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 21
Hey James

i think you will find in Ported enclosures the x max of a subwoofer is reduced, but it's still louder than a sealed one. Why is that? there's more surface area in which air is displaced.

Even if the Avalanche has twice the x-max than the Atlas's do, this doesn't mean it's equivalent to 2 15"s with half x-max. x max comes more into effect at low freaquencies rather than higher, louder frequencies. this is where the two 15's would excell.

Correct me if I'm wrong. personally I'm not a fan of sealed boxes, I prefer ported boxes, which are way louder if tuned properly.

If he bought the one 15" and ported the box than he would get a lot louder than the two 15's in a sealed one.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2879
yes but we are not talking about ported here we are talking about sealed where x-max plays a huge role in how loud the speaker can get. The only problem with goping ported with the avalanche is that it recomends a in car port tuning of 20htz which means the box would have to be very large to accomidate that amount of port. When comparing ported to ported then yes x-max doesnt play a huge role because you will never reach full x-max in a ported enclosure accept when you hit frequencies under tuning which can damage your sub so when running ported thats why use of a subsonic filter is recomended. in ported applications motor strength plays a more important role in controling the driver then x-max. In this case they both run the same motor so the atlas' would be louder due to more air being moved by having more surface area. I just got an atlas 15 today and it doesnt look like 20 of these things would be louder then my avalanche. The avalanche is so much bigger and beefier:-)

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 22
The Avalanche requires 20hz tuning???? that is loooowwww. i would think, thats too low tbh. I would have thought more around 33hz like the xxx. DD's tune to 45hz recommended. I think I've said this before, I've got a 12" 9112 DD sub connected with an RF 1501bd. Enclosure is 2.5cuft tuned to 42hz. It's louder than what I expected.

I measured it the other day at 149.6db just playing Obie trice - Adrenaline Rush, with the gains turned down and no bass boost. now that is loud, for a twelve. I suspect it could climb to 152 - 153db with the correct settings and right song.

have you got a link to your Avalanche Sub?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2886
what do you mean a link to my avalanche sub? The FS on a avalanche is 15.7 htz that is why it requires such a low tune. 33htz will not sound good with the avalanche it will sound sloppy and muddy. DD's are great subs especially for SPL purposes, Avalanche is a more SQL sub.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2888
I have a few pics of it on car domain but they are old and my system has been entirley rewired and revamped since then.

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
but is a audibahn a8002t push the 15" avalanche good.. because the amp says 800w x 1 at 4ohm (perfect match).. and i heard alot of good things about this paticular audiobahn and that this is one of the best audiobahns for the price

so is it going to push it good?

and what about this box-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D7973927640&cat egory=38647

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 54
i'm trying to get either a zapco ref750.2 or zapco ref1100 to push my 15" avalanche. well this is a future project i'm working on.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2910
good call sky:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us