Why arnt my subs hitting?

Bronze Member
Username: Theceo

Post Number: 32
me and my friend installed my system today (hifonics amp, 2 12in kickers, sony hu (i know they suck)). at first we figured it wasnt hitting because the amp wasnt tuned, but then another friend of ours tuned it, and now its hitting a little bit, just not very hard. my friend alex (who tuned the amp) thinks its the amp, but i was told that it was a pretty good amp so i dont think its that. could the wires connecting the subwoofers on the inside of the box be bad? the box was preowned so i dont know if they wires were good to begin with. and if it is the wires, would they really keep it from hitting that much? thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 40
what hifonics amp do you have and where did u get it ? u get it now or used cause that could matter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
i get a hifonics brutus 600w amp and i got it brand new.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i was also thinking that maybe it might be the box. i got a box very similar to this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D7975094869& category=38647#ebayphotohosting , but i took off the plexi glass because i thought it might sound better, and it sounded a little better, but do you guys also think it could be the box?

markrich
Unregistered guest
Chris,
If your speakers are dual voice coils, do you have both coils hooked up correctly? I have a Hifonics BX1500 hooked to two Kicker 12L7's and I had the same problem, I forgot to hook up both voice coils. Make sure that the speakers are not out of phase also.

allende5
Unregistered guest
Do you know the enclosure volume requirements for your sub? You can't always put any sub in any box and expect it to sound great.

Get the specs for your sub on Kicker's web site. I think Kicker gives you the exact enclosure requirements for many of their subs on their spec sheet. If not, try and get the Thiele Small parameters and use WinISD and design your box.

Again...if you want your box to sound great...design your box using WinISD! It's a kick a$$ app that does all the math for you! Try it, it's not that difficult!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us