This a good box?

Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 5
would this be a good box for 12" eclipse 1000w?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568%26item%3D5772530558 %26

Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 2
Tough to say.. Judging by the price, I'd look elsewhere. That box is a mass produced peice of crap IMO. Not saying you can't get a good deal, but those bandpass boxes are usually not the way to go.

Look at the woofer parameters or manufacturers suggestions, and pick a box. You didn't even mention which eclipse sub (i'm not familiar with the brand). From what I've heard they perform best in a sealed box.

Daaaaan
Unregistered guest
no that plexiglass is shi.t... stay away it'll leak air and sound horrible/yess it does look kinda cool but try to get somthing else if you can i hope you haven't bought it allready--- ir your looking for SPL(loudness) go ported/but if your going more for SQ(sound quality) to to get a sealed unless you have your ported box tuned to a specific frequency to you r sub... ASK SUBFANATIC ABOUT IT LOL

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 412
what box? is there a link up there that i can't see?

Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 10
no i didnt buy it yet... i cant decide: sealed or ported? can you guys help me decide? what do you think is more important: SPL or SQ? hmm...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2385
SQL?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3915
Sealed and Ported prefabs aren't great, but prefabbed bandpasses are a NO-NO. Bandpass boxes have to be built to very close tolerances, they're hard to design and even harder to build, and must be designed for the specific sub in mind to get good results out of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us