What kind of amp???

Username: Jstylevip

MisawaJapan

Post Number: 4
Need help with choosing an amp for my subs. I'm running 3 15" JLAudio W6-DVC(6ohm) Right now I have the coils wired in series at 4 ohms. I have an Orion 9002 amp( 900@4ohms) looking for some more power. Been searching for some good amps at some reasonable prices. Over here in Japan, everything is $$$$$$$ $500-$600 range....domo

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2875
those must be VERY VERY loud and sound great! I have 3-JL 10w6's and they got very loud and sounded incredible but lacked the deep lows that I get from my 15:-)

Username: Jstylevip

MisawaJapan

Post Number: 5
They sound great....but I know that they can take more...My friend had 2 of the 15's hooked to a XTANT amp...they sounded sweet...just want a new amp to give me a little more punch.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2883
what you have to remember is that he is prob running them at 6ohms where you are running yours at 4ohms. If you were to run his amp to yours you would get more power out of it. For instance if an amp is 400watts at 4ohms and 200 watts at 8ohms then it is 300 watts at 6ohms. if he was running two subs in this example then each sub would be getting about 150 watts where if you were running yours each would be getting 133 watts and there would be no audible difference between running a sub at 133 watts or at 150 watts do you get where I am coming from? so if his amp is 900 watts at 4ohms then dont think yours can take more because he is running the same size amp as you because realistically he is only pushing 675 at 6ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 45
Xtant 1001 amp that im selling is one of the best. go to http://www.xtant.com/html/products/x1001.cfm for more info and spec. I"m selling mine in mint condition still in box ready to be shipped, asking $600.00 us dollar Obo plus shipping. call (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us