Best sub for $500.00

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 38
I am just curious but i want to know what the best sub i can get for 500.00 with only 600 watt rms at 2 ohms (rated at 14v)?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 354
is you want SQL with that 600 watts i would honestly just spend 210 on 2 15 inch atlas' from ascendant audio. that will power them nicely. im sure there are other choices just as good out there but with ascendant audio's sale its very tempting.... and actually maybe with that extra money you could look into a double shot snailshell enclosure... that may work great.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 355
but really, a lot of woofers that are 500 dollars need more than 600 watts so maybe you could look into a 13w6v2 or something if you want to spend a lot of money, great sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Umm kuz right now i have 2 type e's. En i do'nt think that it will be as loud as i expect. Unless you have advice that i can get alot of power out of them.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 356
i would definetly upgrade form type e's if you have 500 dollars that you dont mind spending than spend it for sure lol. are you into SPL or SQ?

but i;ll have to help you out later its 1230 and i got school in the AM

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
okay thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
would my amp power a SW9152 Eclipse 15" Titanium??!!

Anonymous

h3ll for 500 you can get a solo x 18 for a 100 more buck and that will blow the trunk off what the h3ll ever you put it in and thats 5000 watts rms and 10000 peak power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Then i would need a new alternator and such. Plus, i don't have enough trunk space. My 2 12's almost take up my whole trunk.

Anonymous

o my bad get two atlas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
R they really as good as everyone says?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 357
anonymous has no idea what hes talking about... never should you EVER buy a solo X... there is way better subs for the money. and besides i dont think ur looking to hit 155 db am i right? witha 600 watt amp you do not need a new alternator most likely and you most certainly cant power a solo x. 2 atlas's will sound great and get quite loud.... it will sound much, much ,much louder than 2 type e's ... but you dont have to go with atlas's.... shivas are 125 each i think... RE has some good priced subs ... and you could also look into image dynamics. you might even be able to run 1 IDmax in a well built box and get pretty decent output from it.
one this i would really like to try if i were you though with that money, is get 2 12 inch atlas's for 200 (hurry they are almost sold out!!!) then use that other 300 (plus 50) for a snailshell box at.... http://www.powered4sound.com/
they will custom make you a SS box for the atlas if you want them too.... i am really curious on how it will sound... should be insane

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Man, i wish i would have found out about the atlas's much sooner. About when do you think they will get sold out? And about that custom box, my trunk is not that big. My sealed box almost takes up the whole trunk.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 365
oh thats a shame.... well a well build selaed box could do you well also...

and about the atlas's... who knows they might already be sold out??? tomorrow get on the phoen and call up ascendant audio .. you can find their number on their site
www.ascendantaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I guess im not gonna get them. Because first of all i have a 4 year warrenty for the subs, i need to start thinking about dynamat and to upgrade my mids and highs. What pair of 6 by 9's do you recremend? Also should think about putting some fiber fill into the box.

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 75
infinity kappa 6x9s ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
R thoughs really nice?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
What model number do you recremend?

Bronze Member
Username: Artofaccuracy

Post Number: 46
What happened to everyone on this site pushing resonanent engineering?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 418
Oh guys did anyone recommend the Resonant Engineering X.X.X or MT yet! Those are the best subs ever and they're not even 500$!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
wait, what are they?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I have never heard of them

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3473
they are some of the nicest subs made, but the MT is meant for straight spl, and the x.x.x is a sql sub

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 366
and guys, hes looking for a sub to match his 600 watt amp... therefor you could not run a x.x.x or MT ... an avalanche at 600 watts will be louder than a x.x.x at 600 watts so would you rather save money?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 425
I was just fulfulling logan's stereotype, I was being sarcastic. You wouldn't want to run 600W to an X.X.X. Maybe infinite baffle. lol
I would go for the 2 Atlas'. 12s personally. If you want more volume, go for the 15s.

R Dale
Unregistered guest
If you go much over 12s the speakers start to roll and don't sound that great, but if your going for power stick with 12s. I have 4, 10s they each have 1000watt max, I have them running through two 1500wat amps, then I got 4, 6x9s and 2, 6s to run the mids and highs. It been the top rated in 18 car shows for the best sound n looks plus another 6 for best sound. So if that means anything to yeah. stick with the 10s or 12s

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 368
i diagree with you immensely lol but im not going to argue about it... what brands are your euqipment?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 324
maybe a sony xplod 15 will roll

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 182
quit the small talk and some picture Fu(ker!

Anonymous

R Dale post pics big talk other than that shut the hell up talking bout someone system that you wish u had and thats all i'm going to say unless you post pics then it will be your system but for now its a wish u had a system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Wow. so over all i should still get the atlas's. Okay or i might just wait and get the new ones when they come out. I think that would be a better choice.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2906
hahahahaha are you trying to say you won a SQ comp running 4 6x9's like you are stuck in 1985? hahahahahahahahaha who was judging them Ronald McDonald? or Hellen Keller?

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 27
that guy posted on a another thread, I said the same thing. 6x9's hahaha, please ppl don't go there. also 12" and above ROLE ?????????? WHAT???????? anyway how about an SX instead of a xxx, put one of those puppies in a ported enclosure and viola BAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS. you may also wanna have a look at the old skool Orion HCCA sub, they were very efficient subs. and also have a look at the ID MAX 12"s they're efficient also and very good quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us