Subs and amps

compEngineer0
Unregistered guest
i'm looking to buy two 10" Kenwood KFC-W2509 subwoofers, but i'm not sure what amp i need to pair with it. do i need a 2-channel or a multichannel? any and all recommendations are much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 28
you don't even need a two channel. One channel sub amp would be fine.

I don't knoe the specs but as an example I will say thy're about 400 watts rms and 4 ohm impedence.

So, you need an amp that is 800 watts rms @ 2 ohms

why 2 ohms, because you wire the subs in parallel to eachother wich drops the impedence down to 2 ohms.

so you connect the subs together and plug them into the amp. I dunno how to insert images here, but I'm sure someone will help you out.

whats your budget?

compEngineer0
Unregistered guest
subs:
10", 4-ohm
power range 35-350 watts RMS
peak power 700 watts

my budget isn't too much. i've been picking out pieces on crutchfield.com and i'm at about $600 for receiver, subs, box, front and back speakers. can't spend too much more on an amp, but then again i do need one. probably lookin to spend under $200 and as close to $100 as possible

compEngineer0
Unregistered guest
well, with the info you've given me, i'm looking at an audiobahn A8000T amp: 800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms for $300. sound about right? either this or i might just go with one 12", seems a little cheaper that way...

compEngineer0
Unregistered guest
or an Kenwood KAC-9102D amp: 850 @ 2 ohms for $300

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 31
if they're 800 0r 850 watts RMS at 2 ohms then it's fine. Check on ebay also dude, you could find them on there for half the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5774692164 &tc=photo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5774692164 &tc=photo

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1962
im not a kenwood fan sub wise but id do one 12 instead of two 10s it will prob hit just as hard and play a little lower frequency wise which would be good for music plus you have more flexability to make a larger box size if you need to

compEngineer0
Unregistered guest
cool, thanks for all the help

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1963
are you going to be building your own box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us