Question for sean cus we have spoken before

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 171
when we were talkin about poly fil in a ported box. i know it fakes the driver into thinking its in a bigger box. but how do you calculate how much bigger. cus i have winisd and if i actaully build a 1.5 cf but with polyfill, how can i find out how big the driver will think the box is so i can properly plug in the numbers in the program

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
also on that linear team calculator my vent mach comes out to .17 (it says under .16 for no whistling) does that really make a diff. also my subs rms is 200 but my amp prolly does more around 175 so which number should i put in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2002
you should put the 175 number in if thats your true power use this article as your study notes on the polyfill...heres a note from the article you might want to remember as well....also check out the charts

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

In each case, the news was good -- make that very good. With all three boxes, I enjoyed roughly 25 to 35 percent of "space gain" by using stuffing at a rate of 1 to 1.75 pounds per cubic foot of internal volume.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us