What do settings on amp mean?

Unregistered guest
I've finally got my system all set up & working properly but now I need to find out what the settings on my amp actually mean, eg I want my subs to me running the base & 6x9s to run the Treble but what frequencies do I need to select?
HELP!!

Username: M3chman

Post Number: 2
Well, for your sub, you want Low-pass filter (LPF) to pass only the low frequencies. You do NOT want high frequencies running through your sub - it'll mess it all up.

For your 6x9's, you want either Full-range or High-pass filter (HPF) to pass the rest of the frequencies.

Hope this helps. :-)

Username: M3chman

Post Number: 3
* Sorry to double post, but ..

If you planning on using one amp to run both your 6x9's -and- your sub, your going to need external low-pass filters, then set your amp to full-range. I'm not sure where to get the filters - possibly an audio store, but I'm not an expert. ;)

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 549
You'll need to play around a bit with to get to sound properly but for the sub use the LPF and set it at like 50-60k for a base. The other speakers need to use a HPF and start toying around with that at like 120k.

The main idea is to playaround with those settings until you like what you hear.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 550
Beat me to it. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us