Solo-Baric L5

Unregistered guest
I just bought a brand new 15inch Kicker Solo-Baric L5 (S15L5) with duel 4 ohm voice coils. It also handles up to 750 watts rms. I hooked up the coils in parallel to give me a 2 ohm load, which I connected to the KX-1200.1 mono amp. The mono amp at 2 ohms will deliver 600 watts rms, which is Slightly lower than the rms power handeling of the sub. The problem is that due to the continuous request for extreme bass from my cousin, I bumped the sub up to 90% volume for about 3 minutes. It then smelled like something was burning so I turned the volume down and touched the dust stopper. It feld Considerably warm. Some people say that this is normal because the woofer is "breaking in", and others say that I was lucky the sub did not blow.

So what do you guys think. Was it really breaking in since I've been bumbin it for only 4 days, or was it really ready to blow!!!!!?????

please help
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1391
umm you should break in a new sub for at least 20 hours or so of use before turning it up
if the sub is damaged, I couldn't tell ya.

Anonymous

SET YOUR GAINS RIGHT TO START OFF WITH!!!

and like glass said, break the sub in..

i broke my sub in for about a week and a half or daly use before i laid any real volume to it.....

Robert Johnson
Unregistered guest
you were were probably going to blow it up because a 1200.1 amp puts out 1200w rms at 2ohms and 600rms at 4ohms, just look at the box that your amp came in it shows the rms, because i got the same amp and i use two 2ohm 12inch solo baric L7s, and it kicks so hard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us