4ch vs 5ch

Username: Jaguar_feb19

Pearland, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Kenwood 7017 with satelite radio and with Memphis 5 1/4 speakers in my Jag. I want to add just a little kick without spending a lot of money. So I was thinking of an amp and 2 10inch subs custom mounted in the back dash. But I don't know what would be good. I see 4ch vs 5ch. What's the difference? And what would be a good combo? Kicker, Boss, Audiobahn? Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 76
5 channel normally is A: sourround sound. or B: 4 channel speakers amp with a subwoofer amp built in. Theres also 6 and 7 channel also if you rellie want surround.

Username: Jaguar_feb19

Pearland, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info Tim. What is a good low cost amp. I just purchased a pair of Kenwood 10inch subs with 350watts RMS. I don't want to put a lot of money into this. I just want to get a nice sound.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 116
Well if you want 4 channel For xtreme low cost, i personally reccommend the Profile "California" amplifier series. Look around online, Circuit city also sells these amps. They have everything from momo amps for subs to 4 channel amps. Ive had profiles before and they were great for the money. Also us amps and hifonics. http://www.cbrstereo.com/
this is a good site. Great prices. New not b stock items. Check it out. They have everything from mono amps all the way to 7 channel amps. gl.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 117
No matter what anyone says just cuz its low in price, dosent mean its not good. Just make sure the company you are dealing with is a reputable company. Us amps, Profile, Coustic, Boss etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us