Glasswolf? Remote Wire?

Silver Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 134
Where is that turd? I haven't seen him here in quite a while! He should remember me...

Anyway, on to what I came here for:
Well, I've installed many-a-amplifier before, but I've never had to personally run the remote wire...I understand stripping a piece of the factory head unit remote turn on wire and wrapping the amplifier turn on wire around it. But then it (it being Crutchfield's advisory) says to run the amplifier turn-on to the red power wire? I don't understand what's being said here. Could someone please help?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2847
Brandon, it is simple. On your HU, there should be a blue or blue with white stripe, sometimes it varies depending on your car and make, run that wire to the amp and connect it to the remote terminal.
If you don't have that, then look for power antenna and use that. If you don't/can't find that, then you can use cig lighter as a remote turn on. If you can't find that, then use the ignition wire.

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 15
Some factory decks dont come with remote wires. In that case hook a switch up between a wire from a 12v source the the amp. That is what ive done many-a-times.

Silver Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 137
Thanks alot guys :-)

But still...where the hell is glass?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2878
Glass is busy getting down with his truck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us