Major Help!!!!

Jake Keller
Unregistered guest
okay i have a question... how could i get this amp to put out 450w rms(overated and will be putting out true 350 probably for a 15" atlas)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48597%26item%3D5772492107 %26

the atlas is 4ohm so i was wondering if i ran it in the 2x200w rms 4ohm load and run both channels to the one sub??? or is that the exact thing as bnridging it(P.S. im a complete moron on this stuff)

Jake Keller
Unregistered guest
anyone????

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2851
If you're going to run that amp in 200w x 2 @ 4ohms mode, then MAKE SURE you do not send stereo singnal to the amp's rca inputs. If you do, then it'll burn out the voice coils.
As for that ad on eBay, the guy made a mistake. It is not class D amp as listed. It fact it is class AB amp. I've personally tested that amp and it performed well. I ran it during -25 in winter and it survived.
Instead of doing 200x2 mode, why don't you run it in 2 ohms and then only using one channel of the amp. You should get same output power, but it's much safer than running each voice coil to separate channel.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 213
If the atlas is 4 ohms you can hook it to one channel and get 200 watts or bridged and get 800 watts.

Jake Keller
Unregistered guest
atlas is only 300/350 w rms... so if i turned the gains down abit (since audiobahn is really overated) would it be good?? like i would turn the gains down so the amp would put out "450/500w rms" and it be about a true 300//350
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us