Connect Audiovox ACD83 to ac/dc power supply

Username: Wtfc11

Post Number: 1
I purchased an Audiovox Rampage ACD83 car cd player that I wanted to install into my home and use it as a house radio throughout the rooms. The problem that I'm having is getting power to it. I know car radios take dc current so I decided to use my pyramid 12-15 amp power supply to provide power to the unit. However, when I try to connect the cables together I don't get power.

The head unit has a black, yellow and red wire for power. (Yellow going to the car battery, red to the fuse box and black grounded).

The power supply plugs into a regular house outlet and has a black and red wire coming from it to be connected to something (usually I would connect it to my battery charger for my r/c cars).

I tried different combinations, but no go. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can hook up the black and red cables from my power supply to the black red and yellow cables of my head unit in order to get the unit to work?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Rich

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 144
Wire the red and yellow wires together to the red wire from the power supply. Then wire black to black. Your power supply is putting out 12vdc, correct?

Post Number: 2
I'm not positive on the dc volts, but I'll check. What would happen if it was more or less? I did however, connect the two wires together and it worked! Connected the speakers and presto a home built sound solution. Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 154
If it's working then the voltage is probably correct. But you generally want to use anything that puts out around 11-14vdc.

Post Number: 3
OK. Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us