3 small ?s

delicious
Unregistered guest
1 i am getting 2 mtx 7500 subs 12' and i was wondering if there is any difference between the single voice coil and the dual voice coil subs

2 i was planning on getting the mtx801d amplifier so i was told to get the single voice coil subs is there a difference between the QUALITY of the single and dual

3 if the dual are higher QUALITY then would the orion 600d be a good amp to push them???

i really wouldnt consider this a smart ? but could i use a 0 gage wire to hook this all up i am on about a $700-800 limit b/c i have to buy a cd player and a head unit also so thanx

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2524
Dual voice coil - 2 voice coils
Single voice coil - 1 voice coil, Don't really know how a person couldn't understand it.

No, there is no difference in quality. Just more wiring options for dual voice coils.

I do hope you meen 0 awg gage for power and ground only. It would be fine, you really don't need it that big for only 600 - 800 watts. 4 gauge would be fine. I also don't see how 0 gauge could help if your on a budget, because it is a lot more expensive than lower gauges. You do understand that 0 gauge has a larger diamter than 2, 4, 8 righ? It's about 2 bucks a foot for 0 gauge. For speaker wire, anwywhere from 12-20 would really work fine.

Username: Delicious

Yukon, Ok USA

Post Number: 1
well ima upgrade and i was tryin to save on speaker wire cause thats something i could reuse fasho

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2541
Wait, you wanna use 0 gauge for speaker wire? It won't fit in your sub terminals anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us