Bronze Member
Username: Lotus

Post Number: 14
custom? if so: from where?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2771
build it yourself if you can, depending on the amount of power you have I would go right around 2.5 cu/ft sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I got like ~1500 watts at 2ohms... I might have to downgrade the amp, or make a bigger enclosure

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 310
you should only make a bigger encloure if you have too little power... but 1500 watts is definetly too much for an ava... im afraid to put a 1000/1 to it,,, i cant decide if i should go with a 1000/1 or a zapco 750.2 yet

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yeah, i think I'm gonna sell the amp and get a less powerful one with more range, because the one I got now is pretty shabby

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1099
Im gonna push the Avalanche 15 with a CrossFire VR1000D mono amp. tested at 1000 x 1 @ 1ohm at 12.5volts. Just watch your gain levels if your going with 1000 watts rms. Im gonna stay with 2.2 for my box size cause i dont want my front stage componants to be dominated by the low end of the avalanche 15. 2.2 cu ft. will give you better top end and good low end to keep up with your componant set up front.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1100
besides..ask james how low it gets..it hurts his ears even. So 2.2 is more musical and loud at the same time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I'm looking at an MTX 801d.. or an MA audio HK800d to replace what I got, because I'm on a tight budget at the moment.. maybe an audiobahn 8000t (doubt it)

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 141
Mo How tall, deep and wide is your box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
yeah I'd like to know some box specs, I might just build it myself... I got enough time on my hands this summer

Gold Member

Post Number: 1102
well for a 2.5 cu ft. sealed box - 16(h) x 16(d) x 24(w)

That is what james is using. I will have to get the dimensions for a 2.2 for you cause that is what i recommand if you want more top end cause this sub plays really low either way.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 142
thanks Mo

69er
Unregistered guest
whats the voice coil impedence on avalanches?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2772
dual 2ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
would a slanted or a rectangle box be more suited for the sub?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1221
What amp do you have?

If it is rated 1500w @ 2 ohms then you should be fine. At 4 ohms it probably puts out around 750.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
it's a boss riot 2500d, it's a bad amp anyways... decent power, but very narrow range, I think I'm gonna get rid of it and get an mtx 801d

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2795
good choice!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Hey James, are you using a rectangle box or a slanted? I'm gonna build one myself and I wanted to make 2.5ft^2 and that's what MO said you had

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2799
I have a rectangle box 16(h) x 16(d) x 24(w) double up the front baffle and those are outter dimensions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1109
Hey james a guy named rob on soundillusions forum says 2.5 cubes takes away from your front stage for the lack of top end and the low end bass. He says go 2.2 maximum with the componants i am using which are ID chameleons 61/2. What componants are you using?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
thanks a bunch

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2801
A/D/S 346 cs's I dont know what that guy has tested and in what vehicle but I love the way mine sounds.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1110
You whouldnt have it any other way huh? So it doesnt overshadow your componants?

Bronze Member
Username: Kitkatt

Post Number: 12
mtx 801d is 400 w rms at 4 ohms,and 800 at 2 ohms...if the avalanche is only around in dual 2 ohm, you'll be running at 4 ohms....is this enough power for this sub? please answer

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2853
Bonnie, MTX 801D will only give you 400w rms @4ohms on 14.4v. Your car's voltage will be around 12.5v - 13.5v. So in reality, you'd be getting around 350w. If your sub is 2ohms DVC, then your only options are 4ohms or 1ohm.
Depending on your box type, 350w might be enough to get decent bass in a sealed box.
If I were you, I'd look for 1ohm stable amp. You'd get maximum power.
Orion XTR, HCCA G4, JL 500/1 are some that are 1ohm stable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us