!HELP! on Amplifer with my Kicker CVR Comp 12''

Username: Mrdanang

Post Number: 1
Hi there,

I recently bought a Kicker CVR 12 Comp sub complete with enclosure, but I am unsure of what amplifer to buy to power the beast! lol!

In the Manual it reads 400 RMS Watts and 800 Peak Watts, so what advice can you give me on what amplifer power i need? Or maybe a decent amp around?

I am under a budget, so dont gimme some 700 dollar amp as a suggestion! Please let me know! I wanna power this beast! Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 117
what is your budget? can you afford 699 bucks?

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 209
If you want bass you need to look into a mono amp. All ways look at RMS values not max watts. Any amp that pushes 400 RMS at 4ohms will work. I guess your sub is 4 ohms.

Username: Mrdanang

Post Number: 2
Wow, Loc_out nice joke there! I can see your from Kansas.

Anyway, erm ok, so what I need to look for is an amplifer that produces 400 RMS at 4ohms? Does the ohms matter at all? Is it better if I get a mono amp, does it affect sound at all? Any suggestions on an amplifer model?

mrdanang

Username: Kitkatt

Post Number: 1
you found a single Kicker CVR 12" complete with enclosure? new? is it the enclosure from Kicker, or did someone else put it together? I've been searching, and can only seem to find the double. PLEASE let me know where you found this, and, if you don't mind, how much you paid.

I'm trying to decide between MTX801D (will I fry the sub?) and the Phoenix Gold 600.1. Anybody have any opinions or other suggestions?????????????????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us