Add polyfill and your box will...

Bronze Member
Username: Jeze

Post Number: 31
Perform like a bigger box? What does that mean exactly?

Deeper bass, Better SQL or Better SPL?

How much stuffing is a good amount per cu. ft?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2811
From my experiment, it gave smoother bass response. The only way to know is to listen to some heavy bass with and without polyfill.
I stuffed my box with 3"-4" of polyfill all over. I think it's 1/2 lbs to 1lbs per cu. ft.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Thanks, that spot on. I was just doing some heaving searching and found: http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

If anyone else has my same question, check it out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
A bit off topic but after dynmating a door, has anyone tried putting polyfill between your door panels?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2813
You don't want to do that. The space between your doors get wet during rain season. Last thing you want to do is trap those moisture.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3851
"You don't want to do that. The space between your doors get wet during rain season. Last thing you want to do is trap those moisture."

Talk about a bad smell *yuck*.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Well i'm glad I posted that before I tried it this weekend.

Would you recommend putting anything between the plastic panel and the dynamat?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I have a dual box wih 1.93 cu. Ft per chamber.

I added 40 ounces of polyfill per chamber. Too much?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1164
You don't want to do that. The space between your doors get wet during rain season. Last thing you want to do is trap those moisture.

Has anyone actually tried it?

Maybe I've been lucky with my Cherokee and Explorer doors being sealed well, but we get around 60" a year down here and I had polyfill in my Cherokee's doors for 10 years w/o a problem with smell or any evidence of a substantial collection of moisture. I glued some hair pad(carpet padding) on the inside of my Explorer's external door panels over some sound deadening. I did leave a couple inches free at the bottom just in case.

That stuff will mildew if kept wet. We'll see how it goes, but we've had some serious thunder boomers the past few weeks and its dry as a bone inside my doors. Of course for some reason I prefer to ride around in a downpour with the windows up.

Weird like that I guess.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1165
Lol, well I guess I'll have to take that back. Just went out and checked and there is a little moisture at the bottom of my doors, but the hair pad is still dry..... oops.

:-)

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us