Newbie needs help with car setup :S

Username: Birdcr

Post Number: 4
Hi i have a rather pathetic 106 mardi gras, it currently has the standard cassette radio, i would like to upgrade my whole audio system, i have no alarm on this car therefore do not particually want to spend loads of $$$$$ on hardware, i think i should just relace the head unit and front speakers (13cm if im correct). i am open to opinions on a suitable setup and also would be happy to recieve advice on what items to purchase (head unit MUST have CD-r, CD-rw, RDS and MP3). is there any way of conecting a small sub under a passenger seat or somthing without needing a amp? I am confused about front speakers and tweeters in particular :S. any help would be deeply appriciated, Craig

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Post Number: 552
where the heck do you live lol...13 cm in a mardi gras 106 either im really tired or you are from latvia or something :-)

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 163
That's what, 5 and 1/4 inches? You could do quite a bit with that...primarily buy a component set of speakers, Infinity would be a good way to go as Erik has mentioned before.

For a headunit, check out Alpine, Clarion ProAudio, or Pioneer.

You could get a pre-built, powered sub for under your seat. Check out Clarion's SRV303 and Infinity's BassLink.

Post Number: 5
i live in england mate, with the powered sub u recomend where do u recomend this to be installed in the car? is there any good budget powered subs, im a little short on cash as i am a student.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
If you can fit it under the passenger seat like you were saying before, that would be a great spot. You can look for it used on Ebay and save a great deal of money compared to buying it new.

Post Number: 7
do u have to fit it under the passenger seat? if so how do u?

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
It doesn't have to be placed under the seat, but it will sound the best there. You just slide it under the seat with power and RCA cables hooked up.

Post Number: 9
does it need fixing to under the seat? any cheap recomendations?

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
You may try attaching velcro to the bottom of the unit if you have carpeting under the seat.

Post Number: 10
good thinkin, i dont think i can fit anything under my seat tho, so i think it will have to go in the boot, will a good car setup only have 6/9's in the parcel shelf?

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
You mean one pair of 6x9s in the rear? Nah, you want the front speakers also...If that's what you are asking, that is.

Bronze Member
Username: Csfan14

Panama City Beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 26
yea get like some 6.5 in the front.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
k so new front speakers and 6x9's in the back and a sub needed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts