My amplifier was rained on

Username: Lnc

Post Number: 1
I have an american pro 600 watt amp. Someone left my trunk open one night and it rained all over everything including my amp. Now it doesn't work. I dried it out and hooked it back up. The amp keeps blowing the fuse thats on it. My question is, CAN it be fixed or do i need to throw it away? Please help

Username?
Unregistered guest
Your amp is fine. Run a bigger fuse through it and it will work. Just let it fix itself.

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 147
Well American Pro amps arent that great.If I were you I would throw it away or take it to a pawn shop.I had an American Pro 600 watt amp also that I got for 50 bucks and I hated everything about it(Design,Build Quality,Output Power,Sound Quality)
Sold it for 100 though He He

Username?
Unregistered guest
Hydro, what are you thinking? These amps are fantastic. Her amp is fine and she should use it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1475
Hydro is right.
the amp is poor quality, and it's damaged.
it can be fixed, but it would cost more than the product is worth to do so.
you'd be better off replacing the amplifier.
do NOT use a fuse larger than what the amplifier is rated to accept.
All you'll do is start a fire. "Username?" is just trolling here, trying to cause trouble.

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 148
Hydro, what are you thinking? These amps are fantastic. Her amp is fine and she should use it.

Ok since American Pro is a fantastic amp to you what do you think about Pyramid?I will say it again I have used this amp b4 and it is not worth the time or money in any case even if your poor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us