WEIRD response

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3304
guys whats the deal, i built the box to how i thought i should, and when i change tracks you can hear the bass hitting, and when i first turn on the car it goes BOOM BOOM!!!!, and what is causing this, i hooked up 2 different amps and it keeps happening????thanks guys, also i got it done, its like tuned to 48 hrtz i think and is decently loud, not what i expected. P00P

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1722
sub i told you if you build a box like this you cant use it for music without a swappable port

Gold Member

Post Number: 1723
the pop is probably due to hard start on your amp in other words not enough delay.....also if you ported to 48 hz you probably peak out higher than that like sa 50 some hz....you have to design the port tune lower to peak at the frequency you want.......for instance in the 4.29 cf box before displacements youd have to port to 42 hz to peak at 48 hz

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3305
how would i cause another delay, and the box i dont think its tuned as high as i said, here its the those uh same dimensions, and i dont know what the displacement is, but the ports are like this, i used 4 ports, 2 are 4 inches long and 2 are 5 inches long, lol, so what would that tune that box to, and what can i do about the popping, its really weird, could it be due to bad wires or somen

Gold Member

Post Number: 1724
you cant port diferent lengths like that the should be even lengths

Gold Member

Post Number: 1725
sub at this point im not sure what your popping is unless its diffrent amps than you have used before and they dont pop on soft from factory or if its poor ground wires maybe

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3308
ok what ifi do 4 4 inch ports and could the popping just be the rca running next to the power wire, im rewiring everything tom anyways

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 737
Welcome to the wonderful world of turn-on-pop. LMAO

My amp used to do that really bad...try checking your ground and make sure the RCAs are away from the power wires. Sometimes turn-on-pop is a b!tch to get rid of.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3309
yea it f()ckin sucks lol, but it also makes alot of bass while changing tracks, what is that????

by the way i changed all my ports so now i have 4 5 inch ports whats that tuned to??? lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3311
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us