13.5 w6v2 (2) better then the 12" w6v2?

Bronze Member
Username: Shekei

Post Number: 28
Hey Im wondering if (2) 13.5 are better then (2) 12" w6v2.

12 - 400 W
13.5 - 500 W

I know that alone says something, but has anyone had experience with the sound Quality / and sound pressure to say one is better?

---If anyone has a JL custom enclosure for 2 12" / 13.5" subs let me kno-----

(or where to get one)

Thanks for taking your time to answer if you have the knowledge to help me out.

Peace

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
No one cares for me eh. I see how it is.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2646
alright this is kinda the way it is for those subs. I have used both of them in sealed and in ported enclosures. Depending on what you are looking for in a sealed enclosure those subs will sound very very nice but they dont really shine in the SPL area in a sealed box the same way the w7's do. If you go ported you will gain a good amount of SPL thats where these particular subs shine. You wont sacrafise much SQ if any also:-) now the difference between the two is going to be more bottom end with the 13.5 over the 12. SQ will be the same between the two, so if you listen to rap I suggest the 13.5. A good amp to run those with is the JL 1000/1 if you got the cash.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
ya i listen to rap the only thing is i need a box for it now cuz JL doesnt sell them seperatly. So i would want a ported?

thanks james

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2652
as far as a box goes Try to go to a local JL dealer if you have one and see if they might have one laying around that they arnt using that they would sell you. If not get the specs and have a local shop that is reputable make one for you. I would not go with a pre-fabbed enclosure with those.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Whats pre-fabbed? And is there anyone on this site that could make me one. I dont know I would rather have the JL enclosure but they sell the package whole..

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3182
cough cough

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2683
Sub is trying to hint descretely that he will make you an enclosure!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
sub how much do u charge to make one like JL specs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us