I don't know if it was worth it.

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 26
My local audio store held a competition about 50 miles from my house so I decided to take my jimmy up there and try to win, well that didnt work out. Me and 2 of my friends loaded up and started toward the comp. and made it about a mile until my jimmy died and wouldn't start. We went and got my friends brothers cavalier and took out his subs and on the side of the highway we switched my X.X.X and the Hifonics amp I was using from my jimmy to his car and of course had to tear my jimmy apart to get all of the wires i needed out. We got up there and my friends cd player stopped working so we went to the local shop and had them fix it since it was still under warranty. We finally got everything working right and I found out that i was gonna be in the middle class so i figured i would at least get 3rd since there wasn't really many people there, but i was wrong. The first 2 runs I hit 148.8 which is kinda dissapointing but i thought maybe i would still do ok, which i was till a bunch of douchebags showed up and started hitting numbers from 150-156. I did get to rerun and ended up with a final spl score of 150.7 on a termlab mic. but it was alot of work to not even place in the top 5 and now i don't have a vehicle that runs.

Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 3
intriging story

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3815
You're doing good enough to hit 150.7 in a Cavalier. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2712
thats exactly what I was thinking Jon also I would not be upset with hitting 150 for your first comp thats actually really good.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 30
Do you think I would have done better in my jimmy?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3832
Probably a little better, hard to say. Depends on the cabin gain, resonant frequency, box tune, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 541
what did the cars that beat you run?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 605
yeh thats amzing for your first runs. 1 sub and youre hitting 150's. I wish on my first runs i could hit 135 with 4 15's.LOL

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 32
I'm not sure what some of the cars were running. I know a few one was in a little black isuzu truck and it was two 12' Memphis and the guy that won in my class had a dodge dakota and he had memphis subs i duno about anything else though. I got beat by 4 15" Eclipse Aluminums that hit about 152. and i dunno about anything else that beat me. Most the people there had Memphis.

Bronze Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 35
i have 1 15 eclipse aluminum and it does do a dam thing in my car

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 33
I never thought eclipse was that good for spl i thought they were mostly for sq but there was a guy in the next class up that hadt 2 15" Aluminums and he hit 152.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us