Good 10?

jaskid
Unregistered guest
I am looking for a single 10. I have a mtx 421d amplifier. Birth sheet show 356w at 4ohm 12v. I had a idv.3 d4 sub, but I smoked a voice coil. The rms on the id was only 250w, so I guess I need to find something different. I would like to stay in the 100 to 150 price range. How about kicker cvr or L5 10". OrI was also thinking about a vmax 10, any suggestions??

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 348
both are nice. whats it going in?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2645
400 watts in that price range I would look into Infinity.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 256
356w at 12v is closer to 500watts rms power at 13.5 - 14 volts not to mention that is at 4 ohms.

jaskid
Unregistered guest
its going in a 95 chevy silverado ext cab, the box was built downfiring under the rear seat(drivers side), it did sound very nice while it lasted. I really dont know what the watts is at 14.4v, I guess i'm more into the really low bass notes and some sound quality, I listen mostly to classic rock, but i do like to jam sometimes to lil jon and the ultra low bass test cds, thanks for your input, I went to theses products by reading this form and its been alot of help, i just cant seem to decide on the replacement 10..

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
why do u want a 10? why not a 12? Ascendant audios atlas is a very nice sub for only 145 plus shipping and has a fs of 23.2 hz which means it will carry those low notes nicely and a 12 will have more low end than a 10. the rms is only 300 watts so u will have to turn your amp down some but its hard to beat the atlas for sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
or wait awhile for the ascendant audio avalanche 12 :-)

jaskid
Unregistered guest
its basically because I already have the box built and I like the way the other 10 sounded is all. I dont have too much room as far as mounting depth or diameter. I cant tell ya the dimensions rightt now, I'm offshore, and wont be home for another 3 weeks, but thanks for your help anyway..

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1612
The Infinities have really good sq, as well as the Alpine type R... but it doesn't have quite the sq as the Infinity, but it will get louder.

jaskid
Unregistered guest
what type infinity? the perfect? is my amp enough to power a type r?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3171
the infinty perfect is a great sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us