Help me Build!! - Soundstream vs. Orion amps -2 cars

Username: Vayoboy20

VA-DC USA

Post Number: 8
Car #1 Benz E430. So the a/d/s/ 8-channel is dead. Need to replace. Have a/d/s/ components front and rear, a/d/s/ crossovers, and 2 memphis dual VC 10's in the trunk.
Idea 1. 2 Soundstream VGA320.4's All at 4ohms 4x80 for highs, 2x320 bridged for subs.
Idea 2. 1 Orion 8004 for highs, 1 Orion 600D 600x1 at 1ohm --- cost difference?? SS=$460, Orion = $600. Is it worth the xtra price?

Car 2 - 97 Probe GT. Need more cost effective system so just going to use 1 amp to power the 4 new unchosen 6x8's and the 2 Memphis dual VC 12's. Thinking again of SS VGA320.4 160x4 at 2ohms or Orion 8004 200x4 at 2ohms.

Thanks for any help !!!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7807
car 1: I'd go with current model Orion, or PPI amplifiers. Directed has their act together with both companies these days. Drastic improvement over the old Phaze Audio/ADST days post-buyout of the original Orion and PPI.

car 2, look at memphis amplifiers, or even Directed.
Directed is understated but same guts as Viper amplifiers. fairly inexpensive, and well made.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2718
I'd go with Orion all the way for both cars.
If you can afford Zapco, that's even better. C2K series.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2657
OLD soundstream class a stuff is very nice like their refference line of amps and subs were very good but their new stuff is JUNK so go ORION all the way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us