Kicker, good deal?

Username: Hikaru

Post Number: 1
I work at Circuit City and since we just started carrying the Kicker line we are getting some fairly good deals on all their products. I was wondering if for the price I would be getting a good quality sub. I was thinking about the 12" L7 that I can get for about $120. Should I go for it or save my money and buy a better sub. Also any tips anyone can provide for an amp would be appreciated. If it helps I have an '04 Focus ZX3 stock system (Blaupunkt MP3 CD Player). Also I've heard about the pressure points how much should I concern myself with that?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3066
if u can, get kicker amps, i know they sell the kicker amps, the 2500.1 amp or whatever for like 1200 or 1500 bucks and u get a 60 percent discount (at least my friends do) and then u can get it arond 500 bucks, buy that, then get a better sub cause the l7's arent very good sq subs, but cna get really loud

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 685
Sub,
if you can get a 2500.1 for $500...I'LL SEND YOU THE MONEY RIGHT NOW :-)

tony,
the L7 will get loud, but most us here dont like its SQ. it sounds sloppy and muddy. You could get a better sounding sub for ~$120, but it prolly wont get as loud.

Post Number: 2
Would the Atlas 12" be a better buy ($145)? If so should I go with the Kicker amp KX250.2 that I can get for $75? I can get the KX2500.1 for $450.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1576
I don't think it will get quite as loud, but it will sound better.'
If you can get L7's for $120 Brand new... I would go for it... but then agen, I like spl more than sq.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 687
new guy,

holly sh!t...$450 for the kx2500.1, you have to be sh!tting me! What about the kx1200.1?

if you can get me a kx1200.1 at that kinda mark-down...i'll build you a box to any specs you want free and pay shipping for both the amp and the box!

oh...and buy the way, an Atlas would sound ALOT better. But the L7 would be able to get louder.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 688
one more thing.

the Atlas would actually displace more air when the subs are within their xmax.

atlas:
1.8cm (xmax) times 481cm^2 (Sd) = 865.8cm^3 displaced

12L7:
1.32cm (xmax) times 645cm^2 (Sd) = 851.4cm^3 displaced

this would just be displacment w/ the subs moving inside of its xmax though. neight company tells what their subs xmech is. plus, it would take the atlas about half the power to get moving.

Post Number: 3
The kind of bass I'm looking for is something that I can feel vibrating in my chest without rattling my car like so many cars I hear on the road. This is the first sub I would be putting in my car. My friend has 2 12" Audiobahn's in his Camaro and I think they sound ok. Would either sub (Kicker or Atlas) sound as good or better than his 2 12's, sorry I don't have the model number for them. I will most likely be putting the sub in a sealed enclosure. I think I would rather go with the Atlas just because the amp for it will be a lot cheaper more than making up for the $25 difference in sub price. Like I said before I'm looking at the KX250.2 but will that be enough since the Ascendant site spec sheets say 300W R.M.S.?

Oh and the KX1200.1 is $240. Just to make sure you know I am new guy/tony steiner I just didn't like my name in bold print on my info.

Post Number: 4
I was looking at the Atlas 15" as well. It's only $160 so not much more than the 12". Would the KX250.2 be enough for the 15" as well? The Ascendant site says it also only needs 250W to perform at it's best.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3147
if your car rattles you need a sound deadener, i think your car WILL rattle for what your saying, but most likely the atlas and the kicer will DOMINATE the audiobahns

Username: Carisloud

Burn, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 7
kicker l7s15 are bully speakers they are mean subs loud loud loud and then louder theres no end. they dont sound the best but will make the gravel under your car bounce around. WHAT ONE SUBS OF ANY OTHER BRAND JUST ONE SUB IS CAPABLE OF SHATTERING YOUR WINDOWS

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3152
NOTHING, because you CANT shatter windowns so HA, but i would put my 15 up against an l7 or l5, LETS GO, and IT you said any other brand, i would love a 15 l5 or l7 or maybe 2 or 3 lol go up against a 15 inch MT or 15 inch Ti pro lol, yes they do get LOUD! but LOTS OF subs can get LOUD! and maintain sq and reliability

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 260
subby wubby is right the reason everyone says l7s are loud is because they are but i still think a brahma, ti pro, avalanche, x.x.x, MT and others will be just as loud but sound better. still comes down to amount of air moved. when u have 20% more surface area but 1/2 the excursion its gonna be close

2 l7 12s and a dual slot ported box tuned to 35hz for sell. still wanting my single avalanche 18 :-(

Post Number: 6
Well it looks like I'm going to go with the Atlas 12". I'm going to put it into a sealed box but I was wondering what size would be best for my car ('04 Ford Focus ZX3).

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Atlas%2012%20sealed%20enclosure%20recommendations. htm

What is Qts? And since the sub I'm going with is the KX250.2 I'm guessing I should go with a box that will require a power handling of 250W. Should I buy a premade box or should I have someone build one for me? Also some people have said that the specs on the site are for home audio setups. Are the specs on that page for home or car?

Bronze Member
Username: Wankertank

Post Number: 19
new guy, I work at CC and is the Kicker accomodations only for roadshop employees or can any of us get it (I work in merch). Also how do you go about getting the accomodations?

Post Number: 7
They are available to everyone. Your store should have a packet of information listing all the products and prices. The packet will have an order form. If your store doesn't have the packet ask a manager or look on the E-Learning computers under the RoadShop accomodations.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us