Cd wont play properly in alpine HU

Username: Theavenger1612

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know why all of a sudden my Alpine head unit takes like 3 minutes before it reads and plays burnt cds?? It was working fine for 2 years then all of a sudden im having trouble. The cd's play just fine on all other players I have. Store bought cds work just fine on the Alpine too, just not burnt cds.

Any info would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Baumer8907

Post Number: 11
how many different burnt cd's have u tried
also r the cd's a different brand or anything like that

Post Number: 2
Ive pretty much tried my whole cd collection which is more than 100 cd's, and the brands vary from brand names to non brand names.

So far, there is one brand that never worked, but the ones that used to work now don't (sony, kodak, memorex, tdk, maxell... and the list goes on).

Keeping in mind, the cd's usually play from track to track with no problem, but as soon as you manually switch between the tracks, it had a real hard time reading them; sometimes to the point where it'll take 15 minutes to start playing a track.

Do you know what the problem could be??
Its very frustrating. lol

Silver Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 118
mine does the exact same thing, what model is yours? mines an old 7815 lol

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1040
Yep my 7831 has the same problem and doesn't like "non-music" cdr's at all. Why it would be getting worse I don't know. Have you tried a laser cleaner?

-Fishy

Izzo
Unregistered guest
hmm.. could be a dirty lens?

Post Number: 3
Im not really sure what model it is, but its a factory (stock) player from a 2002 civic. I've tried cleaning it, ive tried almost everything, and nothing seems to work. Im guessing its just a really cheap player to keep the costs down, but I would have expected much more from Honda.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1053
Factory decks don't always sound the best, but in my experience have usually been pretty reliable and a lot of times have much better am/fm reception.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us