New truck want to upgrade

Username: Tcarson

Post Number: 1
I bought a 2005 Chevy Z71 Ext Cab. It has the standard sound system of 4 speakers I would like to upgrade as the sound is adequate at best. The box stores say I have 61/2 componets in thefron and like 4.5 cos in tha back. i know little or nothing about this stuff so Im looking for some expert advice. i don't want to win any contest just sound good. What speakers? stay with componets? do I need new rars? should I get an amp and if s 2 or 4? is a sub necessary? I would like to keep the oem head unit as of now. Thanks for your help

Bronze Member
Username: Robste15

Post Number: 42
i have 2001 chevy z71 ext. cab pickup and the fronts are 6 1/2 components and in the backdoors are 4x6's but you could prob be able to get 5 1/4's in the backdoors which would sound better then the 4x6's since rounds are better then plates or ovals, but if i where you get a set of infinity kappa or the kappa perfects components for the front doors then either leave the factory spkrs in the back and put 2 10's under the seat in the back that should give you good SQ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
then get a 2 channel amp to run your components in the front and an amp to run the subs under the backseat

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
or just take the back speakers out cuz you dont need rear fill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us