Hey Glass now that your on here?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2655
I kinda have a dillema and was wondering your opinion. I have a jeep cherokee and I am running ADS 346cs 6.5 components up front with a set of JL audio vr 6.5's in the rear sound bar. Now for my dillema, I am debating on wether to run the A/D/S's off of my PPI a600.2 and not running the rear speakers at all, or run the pront components off od my ppi PCX-480 and run the rear's also? What will be the SQ diff between running the A/D/S's with the PPI pcx over the A600.2? also the components are 100watt RMS abd the a600.2 is 150 rms but the guy at my local audio shop is running his same components off of a US amps 150x2 amp and they sound incredible so I think they can handle it. What do you think I should do. This is all running with my Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15 running off of an orion 250HCCA g4. thanks man:-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7829
why not wire front and rear 6.5s in parallel and run both on the A600.2?
you won't be able to fade front to rear, but if its an issue, you can use LPad circuits to fix that and tone down the rears.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2696
you think that will sound better then with the PPI pcx 480? I have never used L-pad circuits what are they just low noise circuits? Do they cut down the amount of power going to the speaker or just cut down the resistance?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2737
James the only problem with 600.2 amp is, unless you have some form of active crossover, the 6.5" components will get too much bass and tend to bottom out. This is why the G4 is great. You can set the cutoff frequency anywhere from 10Hz to 10KHz.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2701
I do have an active x-over running them man I would never try to run them without it! I have them x-overed at 80htz with a 12db slope now but can change it at the push of a button so I love it. I am extremely happy with the way they sound thats why I am debating not even using rear fill at all but I guess I will be able to tell more once my Orion gets put in with the avalanche again man I havnt had a sub for two weeks and I am dying every time I get in and hear a good tune and go to turn it up and have no thump but I get it all finished up on Tuesday so I have that to look forward to:-):-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2741
Don't forget to experiment with polyfill (stuff it dense). So far it was worth the effort.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2702
yeah I didnt do it when I was running my sub off of the a600 but I am going to use it with the 250g4 I will let you know what I think.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7839
www.bcae1.com has a section on lpads. toward the bottom of the right hand menu.
faster than me trying to explain.

yes it just attenuates the volume to the rear speakers

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2710
nice thanks man I will look into them. The only problem I am facing with running the speakers that way glass is I wont be able to use time correction correctly, any ideas?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7850
probably won't need it but if you want that much control then stick with a 4 channel amp for sure.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2735
yeah thats what I figured, so you dont recomend scratching out the rear speakers all together and just running my components in the front off of the a600 and then my sub? From my personel expieriencing you tend to get better imaging this way or with the ability to use rear speakers and have the time alligned. what do you think man? thanks Glass!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us