(1) 12" subwoofer w/2000rms??

Unregistered guest
need help to choose 1 sub to handle a usa-2000x amplifier thats 2000rms@4ohm or 3000rms@3ohm. Not looking for a multiple sub setup.. just 1 12". Will run it sealed for SQ or ported if its an SQL sub...

The Orion H2 12.2 seems like a good match but i dont know to much about the sub. Continous power handling is 2000rms but then peak is only 2500watts (shouldnt it be 4000watts)?

The RE 3x 12 handles about 1600rms which would be over powered by this amp and would force me to keep the gain down. But this sub still can be an option.

For everyday listening i want clean SQ. But with this amount of power i want a sub to be able to put out good numbers in the drag lanes.

Whats everyones ideas on a sub for me? (along with the ones mentioned or give up any more subs that are not mentioned).. for everyday SQ and for SPL when i crank up the amp when needed.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 660
Either of those subs would be a good choice. IMO, the x.x.x. 12" would be a "gooder" one though...it would have better SQ as well as really nice SPL. That US amp will produce nice, clean power. If you have the room, I would look at a 15".

The 12" x.x.x. will do nicly on that amp, just dont be a volume monkey and hammer on it too much daily...lol

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 661
Oh...and by the way. If you have a good install w/ either of those subs in a good ported box, you should EASILY be in the low to mid 140's. But this will all depend on the install.

Bronze Member
Username: Jthree

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 49
kicker 12 inch solox haha

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2927
thats 10,000 watts 5,000 peak, nah lol

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
i think julian also lacked forsight to read where i said daily SQ...

has anyone personally heard the H2 Orion and have knowledge to compare it with some of the other top subs?

i dont already have my mind made up and wont keep asking questions till i feel i get people to agree with me.. i just want to make the best desicion? i kind of like how ported cuft is around 1.5 with the same tune as the 3x @ 28hz while the 3x is 2.1cf. The space isnt to much of an issue i can go either way.

marshall a reason i dont want a 15" is because i want to keep in the street A class with just the 1 12". And when your talking about low to mid 140db's are we talking wins or am i way off? Would SQ and SPL be better with the 2 10's that are allowed and push them with about 1000rms each?

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 443
i havent ehard the RE, or Adire subs...but i know that the H2 subs pound..a kid that i live by(hes a douchebag but...)has 2 H2 12's ran by 2 JL 1000/1 in a 2 door chevy balzer in a sealed box and he was hitting low to mid 150's on the old mic....so pretty d*mn good if you ask me...and there sexy too!

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
thx rob.. anyone else

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1530
Humm, this kind of throws the whole sq thing out the window, but it will be loud as hell! How about a RE MT, or a RF TRF2212.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 445
TRF 2212...sweet a$$ sub right there.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1540
Yup! They are my dream sub's!:-) 2 of them powered by 2 Rockford T20001BD amp's! That should vibrate something loose!:-)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1541
Yup! They are my dream sub's!:-) 2 of them powered by 2 Rockford T20001BD amp's! That should vibrate something loose!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 499

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 12:50 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think julian also lacked forsight to read where i said daily SQ...

has anyone personally heard the H2 Orion and have knowledge to compare it with some of the other top subs?

i dont already have my mind made up and wont keep asking questions till i feel i get people to agree with me.. i just want to make the best desicion? i kind of like how ported cuft is around 1.5 with the same tune as the 3x @ 28hz while the 3x is 2.1cf. The space isnt to much of an issue i can go either way.

marshall a reason i dont want a 15" is because i want to keep in the street A class with just the 1 12". And when your talking about low to mid 140db's are we talking wins or am i way off? Would SQ and SPL be better with the 2 10's that are allowed and push them with about 1000rms each?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

If your planning on competing then sq cant be on your list of wants, its one or the other.
As far as competing thee best woofer in your application would be the DD 9512, hands down. The RE is a very good choice but they tend to do better in large volume enclosures, walls, ect.
My second choice would be a toss up between the RE and a Juggernaut.
BTW, dont worry about those rms ratings on any of the listed subs, they are quite modest ratings.

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
zac i am not to concerned about having the loudest car and competing for a world title in the street A class. I would just like to win one here and there (It would give me a sense of accomplishment for the hard work i have put in)

So we are talking rare dbdrag appearances maybe 1 or 2 most a year.. I got 3 kids and this is all just a fub hobby for me. So for %95 of the time when i am driving i am wanting the SQ or i can describe what i want as clean and loud..

i dont want to be displaying my systems cabability to someone.. and have it be loud as hell and just having distortion. To me thats not worth the money and effort put into a system. At everyday driving volumes i want clean sound and for the occansional situations i want to test the limits i want the SPL to be there.

So with that being said which 1 12" sub would best handle the 2000rms at 4ohm with the SQ and SPL that i have in mind..

Subs mentioned already..(feel free to add your own suggestions)

-RE 3x 1600rms
-Orion H2 2000rms
-RF2212 2000rms
-RE MT
-DD9512

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
in addition i am going to be running high end componenets and amps for my mids and highs. so if that helps anyone when making a suggestion then there you go..

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
anyone?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 666
Personally, I would choose the RE X.X.X. for a daily driving application. The MT or the DD9515 would be my choice in an SPL app. though.

I would try an X.X.X. 12" in a ported box tuned to bout 28hz.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1363
why not the 9915?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 669
good point hunter...

The DD9915 would be a very nice choice also. But a dd9915 is gonna cost ya an arm and a leg.

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
hows the SQ on the 9915? and are we looking ported or sealed on the enclosure..? what hz tuning

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
i just looked that up.. its a 15" right? i am needing a 12"

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 454
SQ wont be that great. it is a spl sub. the 9512 is an awesome sub if you got the cash.

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
bump...

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1238
get an HCCA

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3025
rob how much are they, i saw one on ebay awhile back for 400 with a few days left. worth buying?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 677
If your interested in a Team RF 12"...I know where you can get 4 of them for $400 each.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3039
where, cause i am interested, and at that price ill buy 2

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3040
marshall, if u have to by all 4, ill buy 2 if u can get someone else to buy the rest, but if i can buy them individually illl by 2 if ur selling them

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 680
Sub, I'm not selling them. I just came across them on the carsound.com message board. Oh...and the guy has 2 of them for sell, not 4.

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=009537

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3044
tekll him ill buy them

usernamenotgiven
Unregistered guest
hows the SQ on the Team RF 12" sub? I havent had an RF sub since about 5 years ago when i had a 10" HX2.

and jeff.. get an HCCA? can you expand on that a bit..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us