Wiring Problem... Kenwood KDC-128

Username: Casper

Post Number: 1
I need huge help. I just bought my new Kenwood and its sick deck, i love it eventho its nothing special. Anyway, when i first tried to install it, every wire color turn out to be the same. I have Dodge Caravan 98. The yellow wire wich is (Battery 12w Constant) and the Red wire which is (Battery 12w Switch) are the same from the car and the deck. I connected them perfectly... and nothing happened. Okay it seemed strange, so i connected red with yellow and vice versa, nope still nothing. I ended up connecting all 4 wires together, (red and yellow from the car with red and yellow from my van TOGETHER) AND IT WORKS. But here is the problem... my deck max volume goes up to 35. When i reach to 30 the fuse blows. No not the fuse from under the hood where says "RADIO", there is one AGU "barrel" fuse ( 3A 250v ) deep inside my dash, which is connected with the red wire (12w Switch). I know something is wrong with the wiring, but if i connect it properly nothing happends. Oh one more thing, after i pull out the key off my car, the memorized stations are gone, and the clock is being reset. :-(

PLEASE HELP..... WHAT SHOULD I DOOO

Username: Shocksyde

Post Number: 4
does a wiring harness not exist for your car? go to crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle and see

Username: Casper

Post Number: 2
Yea i mean it does exist. I just cut the wires from the stock deck, follow the diagram and connect them properly with the wiring harness from the new deck. The car deck does not power on, except when i connect both (12w constant and switch) from the car and (12w constant and switch) from the car deck. I mean 4 wires together sounds wrong. By the way blows fuses on max volume... the AGU "barrel" fuse that is atached to (12w Switch) wire.

For this problem i think i need a car electritian
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us