PLEASE HELP! About Rubber Surround!

Needs Help
Unregistered guest
Ok, accidently my 12" L7's santoprene rubber surround was pierced by my trunk lock that sticks up in my trunk....now theres a inch and a half vertical cut on the left side of the rubber surround...now i played the subs and they play fine in my ported box but will it last? will this damage the sub? can i try and super glue or rubber cement the cut? please i need help!

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 451
will it damage the sub?? im pretty sure that the "inch and a half vertical cut on the left side" is what damaged it..lol...and i dont think a cut that large is fixable but maybe.

Needs Help
Unregistered guest
no your not understanding....will me playing the sb with the puncture damage the sub as in the sub's sound....i was playin it today and it sounded fine with the big cut in it but i want it fixed....

ive searched around and ive heard its fixable with silicone...anyone else wanna tell me if thats correct or maybe some rubber cement or super glue...thanks

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 452
how much more can you damage it? you have a hole in the surround, the only thing it can do is get bigger...just use it until it sounds like sh*t (if it doesnt now) and get a new one.

Needs Help
Unregistered guest
why are u acting like such a pr!ck, i came on here for help not bashing...

first off....THE SUB DOESNT SOUND LIKE SH*T....it sounds normal, its still bangin in the ported box, THERES NO SOUND DIFFERENCE...

BUT...either way it goes I would like to repair the cut in the rubber surround and i was wondering if there was a way...but it seems there IS a way due to searching it...but i just wanted some more suggestions.

and NO, i;m not going to use it til it sounds like sh*t and then buy a new one you dvmbass, im tryin to fix it...can someone help me other than this guy?

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 453
umm are you bipolar??? where was i being a pr!ck?? i was trying to help you. i wouldnt know if it sounds like sh*t...i cant hear it dumb a$$. i said **if**....and what are you going to do with it??? save it and hope the surround heals?? you have an inch and a half tear in it. lets see you seal that with silicone. kill yourself p*ssy. and have fun doing it.

Needs Help
Unregistered guest
well i just did seal it up, seems good but needs to dry first....tell ya bout it tomorrow fruit cake

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 455
lol...save the effort from typing. i could care less if it works or not.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 359
You sealed up your surround with silicone???

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 440
Ive done this before but its a bit risky. super glue the edges together then melt it together
carefully with a lighter.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1233
you could try like siliconing a cut out of a rubber bike inner tube to it...that will fill the gap and stretch where you need it to...thats the only idea i've got for a cut that big...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 360
Will the fumes from the silicone curing only eat foam surrounds or will it eat rubber surrounds as well?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 449
I dont think the fumes will affect rubber. maybe a bike tire patch kit will work nicely.

Needs Help
Unregistered guest
thats a great idea bassmanmike with the bike patch, thanks for all the comments
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us