Hey Isaac!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2697
hey man have you ever used any Adcom amps in the past? My buddy just came accross an old amp it is model # 4404, I read a few reviews on it including the review on ecoustics about it and they are all amazing. it does 600x2 @ 2ohms and is described as being sonically superior to all amps of its time so let me know if you have heard anything about them at all.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2734
I haven't had a chance to test that amp, but it does sound like one of those quality "old school" amps.
The model 4404 is a 4 channel amp. So it won't be that useful in sub application.
It has good damping factor (600), SN ratio (100db), and wide bandwidth. The only thing I couldn't find was the slew rate.
I'd recommend the amp for anyone needing 4 channel amps for components.
I am not 100% sure if it's 2ohms stable bridged. At 4ohms it's 150w rms x 2 bridged.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2699
well the reaon I thought it would be worth trying in a sub application is because of this statment.

"Its impedance handling capability is very low, and allows the user to patch it into a multitude of subwoofers or mids and highs."
He said I can have it so I am gonna check it out. I will let you know how it sounds, compared to art series, and Orion HCCA g4.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us