Impedance confusion?

Bronze Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 38
currently i have one rf p310d2, and an alpine amp that puts out 350rms @ 2ohms, the sub has dual 2 ohm voice coils. according to this crutchfield advisor:http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =1&impedance=DVC2x2
you can only run the sub @ a 4 or 1 ohm load? if that is true does that mean my sub is only receive 250rms (the alpine amp only puts out 250 @ 4ohms), and it isnt 1 ohm stable. Im all confused about this... does this mean that 1 sub w/ dual 4 ohm coils puts a 2ohm load and would get more power out of my amp?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1565
Yup, thats right. That sub can only be wired to a 1 ohm, or a 4 ohm load. Like you said, that amp isn't stable at 1 ohm, so 4 ohm's is the only way to run it.
You will be getting more power with 2 of the subs because you can wire to have a 2 ohm load, but you will be splitting the power between 2 sub's so each sub won't really be getting more power.

Bronze Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 39
i cant belive my p3 hits that hard only getting 250rms .. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1615
my brother hit 136.5 with 2 old school pyle 12s sealed with 320 watts rms so yes i can believe it hits
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us