Quick Question

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 79
I will be getting on 15" Atlas for my ford ranger extended cab. I was wondering if I had to buy an amp to power my speakers to set their frequencies cut off. I have a sony headunit right know and it just has the bass and treble settings. I am a newbie and this is my first system. Thanks a lot

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 262
are u planning on using the same amp for your sub and speakers? only a few amps are made for that... im not quite understanding you but i;ll try to help in another way.

for best results... its best to have aftermarket high and mid range speakers... it is also best to have them run off an amp of there own (4 channel amp) then you should have another amp just for your atlas.(mono or bridged stereo amp) what is your bugget? maybe i can help out a little more

and please tell me ur bugget in categories... ex: 150 for speakers, 300 for amps etc.

Bronze Member

OH United States

Post Number: 80
Well I only have 900 to spend. The sub will cost around 175 and I will be building my own box. I need to buy wires and everything to install. Right now I have pioneer 6x9 3 ways that are 40 watts rms running off of a sony headunit. i was thinking of the kicker KX600.1 for the sub and a Kicker KX200.4 for my speakers. Would this be ok or should I upgrade my speakers? Any suggestions wuold be helpful.

Bronze Member

OH United States

Post Number: 81
any suggestions?

Bronze Member

OH United States

Post Number: 82
any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 263
sorry i took so long to get back to you...
okay first lets talk amps... i think you should go with elemental designs www.elementaldesigns.com go with the ninE.2 for the atlas which is 400 watts rms at 4ohms and ninE.4 for your speakers which is 65 watts rms per channel at 4 ohms the ninE.2 is $215 and ninE.4 is $235 these are great amps for the price
that totals out to 450 for the amps... and the atlas is 160 so that equals 610 leaving you with 290 dollars.... i would definetly reccomend getting new speakers...

actually i just remember one thing. you dont need speakers for the back so you;ll only need one component set. you could get 2 ninE.2 amps and save 20 dollars... then you could use one to run a comp set at 100 watts rms by 2 chanels at 4 ohms. look into CDT audio which are good for the money or infinity, i have JL VR component set which i love. diamond audio is another good brand. i would plan on spending around 250 for your component set to have great sound quality. you might want to go JL XR if you go JL as the 100watts rms might be a little too much for the VR. look around and find what you like. i think i would go with the diamond audio or CDT audio... or infinity kappa perfect but i dont know the power on thema and they are quite pricey i believe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us