Which zapco amp would be better for an atlas 12? help appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 266
okay im getting a system for my friend and she doesnt want to spend too much money but i told her im going to get her a great system for the money. so im going to get her a atlas 12 and im going to build her a nice sealed box. trouble is i dont know what amp would be better for around $225. any1 have experience with zapco i force?

the picks are
Zapco iForce Series 2 Ch. 350 Watt bridged at 4ohms 350 watts for $225
orwould it be better to spend more and get...
Zapco Reference 2 Ch. 200 Watt Amplifier bridged at 200 watts rms into 4 ohm for $280

im guessing the ref200 is putting out alot more than 200 but the i force is 350w which is perfect for an atlas. let me know what ya think thanks

also she will be needing speakers to run off a head unit... 22watts rms each chanel... what are good for this situation and price?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2587
well I would go with the zapco reference for that sub cause 350 might be a little to much for that sub. As for the speaker question I would look into Infinity reference they can be had for cheap on Ebay.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 270
do you really think the 350 watts rms would be too much for that sub? the rms rating on them is 300 and ive heard they are very underated like the avalanche which is 800 rms and teamtoxic bass runs 1100 watts to them i believe without distortion or problems

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 271
but other than that aspect is the i force not good? example... JL = great product line however w0s are not too good. is the i force form zapco still a good amp just not as good as the reference?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2600
yup you got it. But it is still very good. The RMS on the Atlas is 250 not 300 and yes tem toxic is running 1100 watts to his AVAl but Chad does not cover fried VC's in his warranty so why mess with it. I asked Team toxic why he ran so much power hew said because it sounded good and when he fry's a coil he will just go get another one. so if thats the approach you want to take then be my guest.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 274
ive also heard that chad only rates them so low because he knwos that if he puts the rms at 1000 people are going to give it 1200 and if he puts it at 800 ppl will give it 1000 so thats why he does it. but i guess the reference amp should push a clean 250 watts even though its a 200 watt amp... so i guess that should work.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2610
hahahahaha I said that!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us