2003 ford explorer help...

Username: Dacompetition10

Tracy, Cali United States

Post Number: 2
Ok...I have a 2003 ford explorer and im looking for some subs that will suit my needs. Im putting the subs where the third row is...I dont kno if i should fold that row down and throw the box(s) on top of that or take it completly out. Theres a lot of space in the back and to fill the car with the bass that shakes the car next to me at a stop light i think is going to be hard.. What are some good subs that will fill up my explorer with hard hittin stomach turning bass? i dont want it like teamtoxic's shits...i dont want it hitting that hard i just want to be heard a block or two away...im thinkin bout 4 12's or 2 15's....Suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 50
RE X.X.X. 12's or Ascendant Audio's Avalanche 15's. Should do the trick.

Post Number: 3
Ight ill check them out...what amp should i use to get the most punch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
JBL 1200/1 amp from what I hear is pretty awesome, and under rated. A few other guys have talked about Audiobahn's hct amps. But, the amp or amps that you will need depends on what and how many subs you plan on getting and also your budget.

Post Number: 4
yeah all that is true...i think ima out 4 12's in it and roughly 1,500-2,000....but how many amps should i use for four 12's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Depends on what the 12's are. Also depends on if you are going to put a HO alternator on that thing. 4 high powered 12's are going to need some good amps, which means a lot of draw on the electrical system. To fix that, you will need a high output alternator like a 250 to 300 amp alternator to power what you need. A lot of variables in this game.

Post Number: 5
ok ok that sounds like it will work...but whats the alternator goin do and where can i find a good one...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Its what provides you with all the electrical energy that you car needs.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 204
Mike-first give a single 15" x.x.x. a try and feed it around 1200w rms. then if you decide you need more then get another two or something. 2 15" x.x.x's wont make a huge diff from running 1 sub only. I had 2 15"(dual 4 ohm) x.x.x with an Infinity 1210a each.I probably used them together about 3 or 4 times only.I only ran 1 sub most of the time. I could literally be heard a city block away in my '03 expedition. I did the same thing you'r thinking of doing with my ride. I folded the thrid seat,built a custom 7.5 cube box and it fit nicely. By the way I'm now running an 18" x.x.x.The 15's I had in 4.5 cu enclosures tuned to 28 Hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us