Good head unit to go with Mustang's Mach 460 system?

Username: Wj94

Post Number: 2
I'm probably keeping the stock speakers for the audio system until I can afford some better ones. I've been looking at a couple Alpine's and the Panasonic 1083 model w/ the ghost face. What would be the best compliment to the system for not too steep of a price (hopefully under $300)? I also have a 12" kicker solobaric L7 sub and will be getting a KX600.1 or JBL BP600.1 amp to put in it if those make any difference. Would a head unit need a separate amp? I think the Mach 460 system comes self-amplified, but I don't know for sure. Thanks for the help in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1395
Alpine CDA-9815
you may need an adapter for the Ford amplifiers in that system.

Post Number: 4
What is the main differences between that and the CDA-9813? They're about $75 difference in price, just curious. Do you know how much an adapter would cost for the amplifiers?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1413
the adapter is probably about $20
the 9815 adds two line display, blue illumination for the display, "iPersonalize" for uploading sound field settings from the internet to the ehadunit, and a few things like that.
www.alpine1.com has the details. crutchfield.com may as well. they sell both.

I have a 9813 myself.

Post Number: 5
Sounds like the CDA-9813 might be a better "bang for the buck" kind of deal. Although the extra features would be nice, I'm not sure if that's worth the extra money when I still have to pay for the car making $9 an hour, lol. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us