Are these amps good enough?

Username: Leeuk

Post Number: 8
Right need some major help!, i have just bought a full system for my car it consists of 4x 200 watt 6x9's and 2 12" Subs(350 watt each), i have 2 amps to do a job each(1 on sub, 1 on speakers), the amps i have are Toxic TX-1500n(2 channel) and Toxic TX-1600n(4 channel) the fuse in the 1500 is 40 and the fuses in the 1600 are 2x 30! im guna hook the 1500 to the subs and the 1600 to the 6x9's will this set up be ok or not? let me no cause i havent installed it yet i know the amps are not as powerful as they say they are but are they good enough or will they blow the subs n speakers? will it boom on the low parts but also sound good on the high parts? im scared of trying it and blowing the subs up and then i wasted me money can sum1 help me? :-(

Post Number: 10
can any 1 help plz?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
come on guys let me know what u think i dont wana go blowing me subs n speakers up :-( plz sum 1 giv there opinion

Anonymous

we need some amps specs.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2438
That setup should work fine. Why did you get 4 6x9 speakers? They're not as good as 6.5" set.
I haven't heard of Toxic brand before, so I am not sure how good they are. Why did you stick with that brand? I mean, there are other brands that are great in performance and price wise.
Take PPI PC/PCX series, they produce very hight quality sound while being moderately priced.
Does Toxic 1500 come with crossovers?
In order to produce very low bass, you will need good sub and box along with great amp. Cheaper amps will tend to produce lot of distortion/clipping at high volume.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
this is me sub http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?cpage=product/browse_detail.php&area=shop&c ategory_id=87&sub_category_id=25&manufacturer_id=847&product_id=30422&show_my_ca r=&return_link=%2Findex.php%3Fcpage%3Dproduct%2Fbrowse_category.php%26area%3Dsho p%26category_id%3D87%26min_val%3D174%26max_val%3D266&source=category then this is me amps http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/product/Toxic_TX-1600N_4_Channel_Amp.html and http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/product/Toxic_TX-1500N_2_Channel_Amp.html all the specs should be on the pages let me know thanks guys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
both have a low/high pass x-over and a MOS-FET switching supply??? if thats any help im new to car audio as u cant tell lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
both have a low/hich pass x-over and a MOS-FET switching supply??? if thats any help im new to car audio as u cant tell lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2442
That link doesn't say much about the actual amp. Guess Toxic is not popular in North America.
Cosmetically, it looks alright. Not too keen on bandpass subs. To me they're not as efficient as sealed or ported. I've tested bandpass before, and under certain condition, they perform horribly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
noooooo guted im in the UK thats why you prob havent heard of them there uk made, so you think ive wasted my money?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what amp or amps would you recommend for my sub and 6 x 9's money isnt a question just let me know im in the uk tho thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2444
I don't think you wasted your money. Try it out. I'm sure it'll sound better than stock units.
The only question I have is the subs. It is a bandpass design. They aren't the greatest. I would've gone with ported or sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i can put a port in to make it ported theres plenty of room on it to put ports would that be a good idea? but you think i should get a beter amp? which amps would you reccomend for the job i want them for??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
is it posible to make it ported or sealed from bandpass?? and how would i do it?? i dont mind having to take the subs out of the box and buyin a new one if that would work plz help thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2447
Lee, you can't just add holes in bandpass design. Doing that make it sound worse. What you need is a new box that is ported or sealed.
A better amp would be JL 500/1 if you can get it from there. If that's too expensive, try MTX class D amps. They perform well for low - mid level price range.
One of the biggest problem with cheap amp is, clipping. Because they were designed with narrow bandwidth, as you increase the volume, the amp will clip and distort. You might not be able to tell the difference in sound, but it's something that WILL burn out your subs. Sometimes they blow very fast, while others, take few months.
This is why I always recommend people to invest a little in quality amps.
If you really want to know how good your Toxic is, ask the seller for some info on, Damping factor, SN Ratio, Slew Rate,Amp's bandwidth, and THD.
Then do a google search on Precision Power PC2300.2 amp and compare for component amp, and JL 500/1 for sub amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
ok thanks for the help ill let you know how it sounds
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us