Wiring 2 channel amp for components?

Username: Coloursinmyhead

Post Number: 4
I'm going to be running a PPI 2300.2 amp which is rated at 150watts/2channels at 2ohms to my Infiniti Kappa 6.1 components, which is rated at 250 watts rms at 4 ohms. Should I run the speakers at 4 ohms, and if so, how do I go about wiring them to do this? The instructions say the amp will power the speakers at 75 watts at 4 ohms, but there's no information on how to wire them to do this. Do I just wire them in parallel?

Sorry for another noobish question

Post Number: 5
oh yeah it's a PPI PC 2300.2 if that matters

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 413
Run the wire from the amp to the crossover input, than you'll see W+ and W- and T+ and T-. Just run speaker wire from W+ to the Woofers positive and W- to the woofers negative. The tweeter shoild have black and red cables run theblack/red cable to the neg and the all red cable to the pos. You don't need to wire the speakers in parallel or series. Just straight up wire them.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 414
I have those speakers and enjoy them, hope you do to. Also when you mount your tweeter, I suggest mounting it near the woofer and the sound will blend better.

Post Number: 6
thx for the reply, David. how can i make sure they're running at 75@4ohms as opposed to 150@2ohms (or does it not matter)?

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 507
You'll have to get a volt meter and touch it to the wire. If the amp says they'll only be getting 75 at 4 ohms then thats what they'll be getting. I have mine running at 100 watts, and they're doing fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us