Taking apart CDA 9831 for cleaning

dustins
Unregistered guest
Hey anyone has instructions to take apart the faceplate?
Mine's been gathering dust on the otherside of the screen and i really need to clean it out!
I've taken out all the screws and pried the back and front piece apart..but it just wont come off.
There's something dats still stuck and i cant find it. Anyone got any suggestions?

dustins
Unregistered guest
uhm..anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 97
Where exactly does it feel like it is still catching? Around the edges, the middle?

dustins
Unregistered guest
on the far left ..right at the rotary knob area..

dustins
Unregistered guest
on the far left.. right around the rotary knob area.

dustins
Unregistered guest
darn 'puter..sorry bout the double post.

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 98
Does the rotary knob detach from the unit from the outside? You might have to pull it off to take the panels apart.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 984
Yeah I'd like to do the same with my 7831. The rotary volume has gone wacky and I would like to see if I can fix it with a bit of electrical cleaner.

Anyone ever try to clean a pot/encoder like this? I should be getting a new h/u tomorrow and sure would like to give this thing to someone as a gift. It would be nice if I could make the attempt while its still a part of my system.

-Fishy

dustins
Unregistered guest
Ah..it could have been pressure fitted.
Okay, i'll try that when i get back home.

dustins
Unregistered guest
No luck, the knob felt solid and wouldn't give. I'm really starting to get frustrated. I've only had the HU since december and i dont want to use any force more than necessary.. its still brand new and i definately do not want to break anything.

dustins
Unregistered guest
*sigh.. i give up
I surrender to the dussssttt....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us