Ported enclosure for IDMAX 12"

Bronze Member
Username: Atomoswav

Post Number: 12
I want to get a ported enclosure for the IDMAX around 2-2.5 cu.ft. that's tuned around 25 hz. I want a slot vented enclosure. Does anyone know if this will work well?
Also, where could I find a pre-fabricated enclosure with these or similar specs? I was hoping to buy it online.
Does anyone know anything about the double shot enclosure sold by powered4sound.com?
Any input would be greatly appreceated.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1010
I doubt you'll find many prefabs tuned that low especially with that much volume. Most are designed for SPL and are tuned to around 40 Hz.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 124
i bought a 2.4cu ft. enclosure tuned to 30hz on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
This is the closest thing I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945%26item%3D5767890974 %26

It looks like what Roger Smith was talking about.

Should I set the sub-sonic filter at 30HZ? (It's 12db per octave with the -3db point at 30). I'm looking to put about 800-1000 watts to each sub. Does that seem about right?

Also, I'm still looking for some info or experience with the "double shot" enclosure. Anyone know about it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
The URL didn't appear-I'm not sure why it didn't.
I think it's item #5767890974 on ebay.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1019
The general rule of thumb for subsonic filters is 1/3 octave below tuning or around 25 Hz(or a lil less) for a 30 Hz tune.

-Fishy

[note] ummm... if that pic displays the actual box there's no way that port is 28" long. Look at it. The box is only 21" deep. I'd say that port was about 18" long, max. The port width would have to be less than 1.5" to get a 30 Hz tune in 2.4 ft^3 and thats assuming that 2.4 ft^3 figure is the volume AFTER port and driver displacement is taken into account which after a few quick calculations looks NOT to be the case.

Whats the vent width on that box Roger? and does your box have an "L" shaped port? I hate to rain on your parade joe. Maybe the pic is wrong, but you usually get what you pay for. If your going to spend $800 dollars on a set of subwoofers I wouldn't skimp on the enclosure unless you plan on gettin a custom one built to ID specs later.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1020
Oh and Roger, is that even the same box you bought? lol.

-Fishy

Silver Member

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 126
i bought a box for a single 12". it does have an L shaped port. i will check out the vent width tomorrow. this is the box i bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568%26item%3D5768692814
if the link doesnt work here is the item #5768692814
fishy you are right the pic has to be wrong. i'm pretty sure it is though because if you look at his other boxes a lot of the pics are the same even though they are for different size subs.

Silver Member

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 127
fishy, the vent width is 1 1/2". and 12" high. these are the outside dimensions 18.375" wide x 14" high x 21" deep
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us