I heard the loudest street systme ever today

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 572
So I'm sitting at a stop light in my little town today bumping to some lil jon with the windows down. My two little infinity 10's hit around 140 in their ported box which is pretty loud if you ask me. So I'm sitting at the stoplight and all of a sudden I can no longer hear my system and all I hear is this disgustinly loud bass. My ears were starting to get the pressure hurt feeling and my stomach was turning it was so loud. I couldn't figure out where all this bass was coming from. I could also no longer feel my bass hit only the bass from when I turned around in my seat realised it was from the guy behind me. He was driving a shitty old jimmy and had the biggest smile on his face. I had no clue who the guy was cause I'd never seen him before obviously lol. All I know is whoever that guy was well congratsto you cause you fukking own me man. lol! I'm now considering saving up a couple thousand to get a pair of 12" tripple x's or a pair of 12" brahmas jsut so I can ho people like he hoed me today. Just simply amazing.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 253
look into a pair of 15 inch avalanches with a hifonics colossus amp... watch this video and you;ll see why...

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/~pete/media/vid03.wmv

Anonymous

how can i find info about buying those subs?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 464
Jesus fuckng christ.. that video was insane. You can find info on the Avalanches at www.ascendantaudio.com I think they are $300 apiece

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 465
I started another thread that has a link to $300 RE X.X.X.'s on eBay, there are 3 of them.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2466
i can do that trick with 2 12 inch sony's

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1463
You can do that with a lot of different sub's. I know a guy who's system does the exact same thing! It's like there is so much bass, you can't really tell where it is cumming from... all you feel is the vibration.
Oh ya, this was 4 12 audiobahns in a Ranger.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 551
same here except my experience was 1 15" orion h2's, my other one was getting reconed well this F-150 came pumping away behind me not so loud, but i turned my up to drown him out. So he rolls his windows down and i turn it down expecting to hear a congrats or something but he tells me i have nothing. And i told him yea ryte its obvious i just beat him. Then holy sh!t he starts to blast his system, and i felt so embarrased, so just had to know what he had and turns out he was visiting somebody that lived in the same complex as me, so we start talking and i asked him to show me what he had. It was a 15" MT in a hugely ported box, looked similiar to a Snailshell but i dont think that what it was. BUt that was teh day i decided to save up and get the MT

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2476
hah, nooone has ever outbumped my eclispse al in northern KY, well not to the point where i can hear it over my sub, cant wait to get the TI running in the new box im plannin

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 109
damn crazy video. i used to be able to put coins on my cars hood and they would get like a foot of air as my 15" Kicker hit, but ive never seen a sub move hair. howd the windows not shatter?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2485
windows dont shatter, people say they dont, i have had it happen but noone believes me lol, but a window will only spiderweb or flex, BUT my sub can move hair as well, did u see it though, her head was like 5 inches from the subs, all they they had to do was port it to the front end of the cabin and wow, my 15 ti is sitting in the back seat of my neon right now(the genius i am i fogot i had to take it apart and re do it in my car but i sealed it already, BTU i get to build a new one yaY lol) but it moves my hair, and i cnat breath in my car, its not that big of a trick

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 615
Loud daily drivers???....hummm

Any of you boys ever heard of a fella named Steve Meade...152+ @ like 28hz...lmao

Now THAT would be a daily system :-)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 616
Come to think of it...what do you guys do at about 30-40hz? I havnt ever metered mine w/ that low of a tone.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1364
how bout kicker comps jl 13 w 7 hitting 149 db with a 32 hz port tune on a jl 1000/1 i believe not too shabby

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 617
149dB @32hz w/ 1 13w7 on a 1000/1??? I doubt it.

Unless it was in the port, then it may happen...maybe. No way it was on the dash.

Where did you hear about this 149dB?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2490
Team Audio Itch
Bronze Member
Username: Team_audio_itch

Tampa , FL

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 10:52 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i do a 150.4 on the term lab. my 13w7 and 1000/1 are in my explorer so if u put the same setup in a car with a trunk ud prob. go down around 3dBs. id see it pretty difficult to do louder than that with 1 13w7 while still being able to drive around and listen to any music and without making some rediculous box. mine is the normal recomended 2.35 cuft ported box. there was a navigator at a show i went to and he had 4 12w7s ported and did a 152 when i did a 151 that day due to the fact that he did not have JL amps or even the right amount of power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1366
kicker comp did it in his cherokee i belive i think the box was like 2.2 cf i do know the jl subs do 140s in boxes around that big in suvs i saw it with my own eyes but im not sure of their port tunes

Gold Member

Post Number: 1367
i got all the specs from kicker comp in my email of what type of car and all box size port tune etc he hit 149 db with a 13 w 7

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 618
Yea, I can see a 150.4 w/ a 13w7 being possible...but not at 32hz.

Subfanatic, do you know if that 150.4 was legal or outlaw?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
heres the email........

2.375 cuft. ported box, 1000/1 amp, 1998 explorer xlt,
box is like 30hz and i played a 50-40hz sweep.
ill be able to do a 150 at the next comp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1369
this was a legal at dash he said

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 619
I do only 145+ w/ 1 Sx15 on a jbl bp1200.1 in a 3.5cu ft ported box...I burp at 50hz. 145dB is nothing spectacular at all, but its pretty loud to the ear.

I have seen guys in Crx's do 151+ w/ 1 DD9515 on kicker xs100's...but he was burpin at 55hz+. Low 150s are very doable w/ the 13w7...just not at really low frequencies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1370
if my buddy can hit 145db with a single mtx 8000 10 inch then a 13 w7 can go 150 no problem im sure

Gold Member

Post Number: 1371
im about to try two mtx 8000 10s in a 4 cubic foot box total my other buddy hit 143 db with the same amp as me in another type of car with two mtx 8000 10s but i have alot more alternator than he did

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 620
I can see him doing ~150 at ~45hz since it is in an SUV. SUV's tend to like lower notes. (40-50hz) Even w/ the box tuned to 30hz, you can still peak at higher frequencies.

One good thing about the 1000/1 is that it will produce at least 1000wrms at an impedence as high as 4ohms...this will help you alot w/ box rise.

Lets say you have a box that raises the impedence to 4ohms at your burping freq and you put a kx1200.1 on it, you will only get about 300w to the sub at that frequency. But w/ a 1000/1, you will still get 1000wrms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1372
if my predictions are right ill be able to hit at least 145db with twice the box size (4 cf each 10) 2 db gain over 2 cf each at 55 hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1373
you no what thats a good point your right! the jl amps would perform better because of the power rbeing the same at a variety of ohms considering the ohms change per frequency in a box

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2491
what do you guys think i will hit with a jbl1200.1 at 2 ohms on my eclipse ti if i rebuild the box and make a 5.0 cubic foot(after displacement) tuned to 43 hrtz will do?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 621
yep...to an extent, box rise is the enemy of all amps w/ unregulated power supplies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1374
if im lucky and my box trick works ill be able to hit as much as 148 db with the 2 mtx 8000 10s at 4 cf a piece

Gold Member

Post Number: 1375
jl was thinkin again........these guys no their stuff

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 622
subfanatic, there are way too many things to take into account.

Usually the bigger the box, the higher your impedence rise. (if i remember correctly) That is why bigger boxes arent always better in certain applications.

what frequency does your car peak at? (your resonance freq?)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 623
hey sean

just think about the JBL Crown 6000...it does 6000w+ from 1-4ohms. hehehe

Gold Member

Post Number: 1377
tune it to 52 hz and youll hit a crap load with 5 cf after all displacements

Gold Member

Post Number: 1378
i read the big the box the smaller the impedance rise but i could be wrong there.....i wanna test that theory out some day

Gold Member

Post Number: 1379
yeah thats a ton of power ......if im not mistaken alma gates had that on her truck when i was at the nationals

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 625
sean,

all you need to test that theory is a clamp meter and an volt-ohm meter.

just because you tune to 52hz doesnt mean your gonna be really loud...your car may actually peak at are frequency below 52hz. (i dont know what car you have, i'm just saying...it could be that way though.)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 626
This darn site needs a chatroom...lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 1380
your right marshall i should have said that to him but i was just assuming the 50 hz range was his and i shouldnt have but i metered my 12s and at 35 to 38 hz i was at 92 db at a very low volume and peaked there again at 54 and 55 hz in my car so i assume this is my resonat frequency based on my box curve along with thos results but i should do my mtx 10s in a flat curve at 1.69 cf and test again instead of the 12 box with a non flat curve

Gold Member

Post Number: 1381
lol yeah i agree marshall

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2493
my cars peak frequency is 48 hrtz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1389
ok ill run the sub quick

Gold Member

Post Number: 1390
optimum box size for sq is 6.67 cf. before displacements for a slat curve all the way down to 21.5 hz.....if you got the room you gotta do this for me lol and for your spl port for 48 hz youll tune it to 45 hz or 46 hz 45 should be best two 4 inch ports 2 inches deep

Gold Member

Post Number: 1391
but add displacements for the sub and port also

Gold Member

Post Number: 1392
6.67 ported to 21.5 hz is two 4 inch ports 19 inches deep plus displacements

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 573
i found out who that kid was in my town. He has 2 15" alphasonics and a pair of 12" Kicker L7's. I still have yet to hear it inside but I guess it is pretty intense

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 628
Wahl...

What kinda car do you have, whats in it, and have you been metered?

What kinda car does the other guy have?

just wondering :-)

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 574
i've got a 2001 dodge intrepid with 2 10" infinity reference subs in a 3.5 cuft ported box tuned to 35 hz. Hit's 140 with the back seat off. This kid has a red jeep grand cherokee. I know suv's are better for loud systems because of the cabin gain but damn.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2499
ok, guys what size should i make my box, and tune it to for maxumium spl

Gold Member

Post Number: 1397
optimum box size for sq is 6.67 cf. before displacements for a flat curve all the way down to 21.5 hz.....if you got the room you gotta do this for me lol and for your spl port for 48 hz youll tune it to 45 hz or 46 hz 45 should be best two 4 inch ports 2 inches deep

6.67 ported to 21.5 hz is two 4 inch ports 19 inches deep plus displacements

7 cubic feet sounds good

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2503
you want me to do this for you? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1398
i gotta hear 21 hz lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1399
well 22 hz

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2506
lol, how would you haer it, but would that be good for spl, cause i want STRAIGHT SPL, can u help me with that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1400
that 7 cf ported to 45 hz

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2507
how cuold i port it like this with 1 1/2 inch thick PVC pipe

Gold Member

Post Number: 1401
4 inch pvc

Gold Member

Post Number: 1402
two 4 inch internal diameter pvc ports 2 inches deep

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2509
awesome, thanks, so 7 cubic feet after displacement? what is the Ti's displacement, do you know?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1403
no do 7 cubic feet and drop the sub in and you should be good to go with the ports i told you to use i figured on .32 cf displacement check on that

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2514
oh tight, thanks, but i dont nkow if i can get 7 cubic feet of stuff in my trunk lol, i can try i guess, but i was just at dairy queen with the sub in the back seat in the box that is 3 cubic feet tuned to 28 hrtx and i turned it on like half with 550 watts rms mind you lol and the car three cars in front of me turned around and stared at me like i was the devil, he pulled me over and showed me his audiobahns he was blasting at full power and i overowned his a$$ lolhaha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1404
sweet man gotta love when one spekers beats 2 it shouldnt make the box formed to the trunk if you have to for the 7 cf

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2516
well i have a neon, remember

Gold Member

Post Number: 1405
you might gain 7 db in this box

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 56
hey sub have u ever seen shocker audio subs. they are the loudest subs ive ever heared my one friend has 2 10's and destroy my 2 12's and the kid told me that he's beat the jl w7 13inch, 2 15inch audiobahns, my kickers, and rocford fosgate p3 or something like that. if your system is as loud as u say it is, i would want to see this match up i think it would be really good. ohh on some web site i'm not sure which one but some guy has the shocker sub as he does has it on a video check it out if u can find it

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2518
wow 7 db's that would be NCIE, but wouldnt it be more, cause the jbl1200.1 is on its way to my hosue right now, and i only have an interfire audio ib2900c amp giving the sub 550 watts rms to, how much you think it will give

ill look around for it, but i ate away a 12w6 and a 15 x.x.x already, but a rf p3 is nothing and audioabahns are really either, but cvr's arent relaly spl subs either, but ill look around for them, and your close to me, ill compete agaisnt him once i get my new alternator and yellow top

Gold Member

Post Number: 1406
another 3 db with the new amp in the 3 cf box you got plus as much as 7 db gain in the 7 cf box

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2520
lol, exciting!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1407
opps if the sub could handle the 1100 but it cant can it?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2521
im giving it 1200 watts rms, but it can! lol, i need a box that can help with this though lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1408
youll gain at least 1 db maybe 1.5 with the rated power over the old amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1409
be carefull you prob can because im drivin 1500 into 700 rms worth of two 12s but i can blow them

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2524
huh?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1411
i have two 12's each rated 350 rms in a 1.98 cf sealed enclosure pushin my mtx 81000d in 2 ohms at 1500 rms and they are taking it but if i go too much i can blow them ive heard noises and smelled smells from them lol but if i watch it they dont do that

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2525
ahhahahah thats awesmoe lol

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 57
i found the web site its woofervids.com heres a link im not sure if it works though http://www.woofervids.com/displayimage.php?album=128&pos=0

Gold Member

Post Number: 1414
it works nice vid

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2527
my sub owns that pos lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts