Motorization/Relay

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 87
I'm starting a new project. My rear view mirror is going to be replaced by a 7" screen and I'll have a camera mounted just above my rear window.

What I want to do with it is have it flip up into the roof when I turn my car off and have it flip open when I turn my car on.

I've know how I'm going to mount it and flip it open, but I'm not quite sure how to have it flip closed when it is turned off. Anybody have an idea?

Bronze Member
Username: Nobletatom

Batavia, Illinois USA

Post Number: 11
well it would have to take a linear actuator and a regular actuator. the linear actuaor would bring it forward and backwards and the regular actuator would flip it open and closed. you would have to set the regular actuator on the linear actuator and hook up another relay so when the linear actuator was finished with its motion, it would then trigger the regular actuator to flip open. you would also need a relay hooked up to your ignition so that it would send electrical current to the actuators. this would take alot of wiring to do and unless you have experience with wiring stuff with relays and actuator i suggest that you get a professional to do this, and it will also cost quite a bit of money but is a cool idea.

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 88
I figured it out.

Rotary actuator and the power antenna lead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us