Songs to test the system

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 122
i was wondering what songs you guys use to test the system in overall sq and spl? i was looking for some songs with good spl, something with good sq bass, and other songs that have good highs and such... i was looking for something in each category, like rock, rap, classical, techno, hip-hop, etc... thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2238
sandstorm for techno, for rap, uhhhh there are alot to bad i dont know names, how about, throw it up, "late nite tip" is the best one, get some crunk in ya system lol, i really like 50's new cd, and there are some good new luda songs out

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2363
for a SQ test blues travler is always a good one, also Dave Mathews Band(I hate them but it sounds good) I think Late night tip is one of the loudest songs I have ever heard for SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2243
yea it is lol, but for rock just get stuff from five for fighting, they drop LOW!

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 129
the best spl song is da blow by Lil John

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 48
Why don't you just get a test CD. The kind that has pink noise from like 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. This way you can see how your system performs in transition from one note to the next. It will prove how your system really sounds. The idea is to reproduce as low and as high as possible smoothly, and evenly. Quality counts. Someone will always louder. Stereofile sells these CDs.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 979
SQ - Dire Straits, "Brothers in Arms" whole album

SPL - Pink Floyd, "Wish You Were Here" album, "Welcome to the Machine"

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 980
If I want to test midbass transition I usually throw in the "Restoration" soundtrack or some other clasical music thats got decent bass.

An unbalanced system really sounds bad on that stuff.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us