Kinda going nuts

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 86
i just put in my polk momo 2124 ina ported encolsure, how long do subs usually take to break in and does it make a big diff in sound quality. also it sounds like this sub has a hard time hitting all the beats in fast paced music, is this a result in A. sub not being broke in B. i dont have front speakers yet and my head is playin tricks. or C. some other opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 207
wat is ya subs and amps specs

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2056
Donny, what do the sub and amp specs have to do with the break-in time?

Michael, there is no set amount of time it takes to break a sub in. Most people really don't think it's necessary to break them in at all. It's always a good idea thought to play it carefully the first couple hours after you install it to make sure it's working properly.

As for the bass response, your head might be playing tricks, or your sub just might not have the greatest bass response. I don't know if Polk is known for exceptional sound quality. If you have a crappy amp with a bad damping factor, then that could be the problem too.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 211
wat i meant is it could be[chances are its not] but could be underpowering

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2067
Possibly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
the amp is alpine mrd m301 and it does like 200+ at 4 ohms. also it has built in eq and lpf and im not sure what to set them at. and aslo bass composition or sumthing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us