Idmax and hifonics brutus bx1500

Newbie101
Unregistered guest
2 id max 12D4
1 Hifonics Brutus bx1500

how would i go about to setting this system up what esle would i need. Money is no option

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 341
You should have gotten DVC 2 ohms so you could wire them to 1ohms to get the max out of the amp. Where did you buy them from? Try and return for the 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 342
If you can't do that, wire your subs in parallel to get 2 ohm loads.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2049
David what are you talking about. He can wire each sub to 2 ohms, and then wire them together to 1 ohm. It works fine for his amp. The hifonics is a monoblock. He doesn't want both subs to present a 1 ohm load, he wants a 1 ohm load TOTAL.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 534
I tihnk David i he has teh d4 versions. Which means he can wire it to a 1 ohm load. Just wire both in a 1 ohm load like the first option on this link. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=13&image.y=12

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 359
Oh I see.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2051
He does have dual 4 ohm drivers. That's what the "D4" stands for in the name.

Newbie101
Unregistered guest
alrite i didn't order the idmax's yet.. but im sold on buying them and hifonics.. hifonics from ebay and idmaxes from mmexpress. should i get the 2 ohm id maxes. also what kind of wiring and capriator should i get or watever i dont know wat i should do about taht

newbie101
Unregistered guest
Alpine receiver and iPod adapter in one package
CDA-9830 CD receiver would that aslo be a good receiver for my system

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2170
no newbie, get the DUAL VOICE COIL 4 ohm version, that way you acn wire them all in parrelel and get a 1 ohm load for your amp to give each sub 750 watts rms, BUT if you do not mind me asking, if money is no option, why are you settling for this?

Newbie101
Unregistered guest
from what i been hearing idmaxs were some good subwoofers. now for a headunit for spl.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 660
How good of an amp is the Hifonics bx1500 or any other mono hifonics amps??

Newbie101
Unregistered guest
are idmaxes subs like perfect subs for rap music?

Bronze Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 48
newbie where did you find those subs i cant find that company? also whats the price on those?

Bronze Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 49
also are those IDMax or IDQ. im only findin D4 versions under the IDQ.

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
YOu can find them on www.cardomain.com , they are the only authorized dealer for image dynamics plus they price match there competition. As for my last question i had. Anyone here know how good Hifonics bx1500 or any other mono hifonics amps are???

Newbie101
Unregistered guest
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=301&1=304&3=1789 thats one sight i found.. i found them as low as 299 some wheere

Newbie101
Unregistered guest
i chose hifonics because i like the way the amp look and i heard a lot of good things about it

Silver Member

Post Number: 665
How many amp fuse does this hifonic take??

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2062
Hifonics are alright if you have a pretty low budget. They don't have the greatest failure rate, and they over-rate their amps. Their definitely better than Sony, Boss, Pyle, etc., but if you can afford it I'd look into something different.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us