Phoenix gold or kicker??

Username: Chungy

Australia

Post Number: 1
hi all,
was wondering whether u experts could help me out on this. Me 1st time setting up a system in me missus car. hehe i'll better mine next time

Anyway i've got 1 pair of infinity coaxil reference (rear fill), 1 pair of infinity kappa splits (fronts) and a pair of kicker C12" subs (4ohms each). Now i need to hook em all up with preferbably an amp or 2.

With one amp i was looking at the Phoenix GoldR 9.0:5 which is a 5 channel amp or the Kicker KX700.5 which is also a 5 ch amp.
Or should i go for Phoenix Gold R8.0:1 (Class D monoblock) for the subs and the Phoenix Gold Xenon X100.4 for the fronts and rear?
The other option is Kicker KX350.4 for the fronts and rear and Kicker KX400.1 (monoblock) for the subs.
Or you guys reckon i should mix the amp around?
Would either of the 5 channel amp drive the two 4 ohms sub safely?? Don't want to fry anything after everything is hooked up.
Thank u all for your feedbacks and time.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 258
I would go with the kicker if you are set on those brands.. but there are better choices out there. If you give us your budget we could better figure this out. And why do you wan't rear fill>? If you don't mind my asking.

Australia

Post Number: 2
hi david,
1st up thanks for taking the time.
Reason i choose kicker and phoenix gold was because there's this power ebay seller (Locust Audio) selling at reasonable prices and they ship to Australia. And it's hard enough already to find good quality stuff here in Australia. And it cost a bomb too if there was any.
My budget would be US$400-US$500. Just today I found another power ebay seller (IndoAudio) selling Audiobahn. Heard they churn up some pretty good gears. HAd a look at A4601T and A6004T. What you reckon of this combo? or you have another suggestion for me?
No reason for the rear fills just thought of replacing the factory stock ones that's all. I'm gonna hook that up to my Alpine CDA 9833 (head unit) anyway. hehe
Did look into Rockford Fosgate (Punch series) but many say the newer models are crap (unless maybe the Power series), no?
What do you suggest i should get mate?

thanks 4 yer time once again.

Australia

Post Number: 9
How's the Audiobahn A4601T (4 d components) and A6004T (4 d subs) combo?
Or would you guys suggest something different?
Rockfords or Kicker??

Aargghh..i'm going insane..hehe

allblacks
Unregistered guest
No worries mate, just have a go with some victoria bitter, and watch last years test of the wallabies getting whalloped by the all blacks. hahahahaha

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 466
ken, you best bet would be to get a 4channel amp. get one that does 75 to 100 watts x 4 @ 4ohm and 300 to 400watts x 2 bridged @ 4ohm. use the front channels for the comps and bridge the rear channels for the subs. run the rears speakers off the HU. here's a good article on rear-fill.

as for which amp. i think your girl would be more than happy with MTX, Orion, Kicker, PG or Soundstream. in my opinion, MTX makes the best "bang for your buck" amp out there, and you can find some great sales right now b/c their new models were just released (which look to be not quite as good as the old ones). even better would be a Precision Power(PPI) PC or PCX class amp.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 13
will definately look into some MTX's. Yeah, i heard the new ones are out and old ones (U meaning the Thunder series?) are going off cheap. How's the Kicker KX series? bang for buck too? As i'm into sound quality would all that u have mentioned be above average?

Dam i've already bought a rear fill, maybe i'll use it for frying fried rice. LOL

If my memory serves me correct I think the wallabies ploughed you all blacks...allblack. But i'll have a crownie with you lads any time.

thanks dudes

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 14
looking at the Thunder 1004:
125 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
250 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
500 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms
2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
4-ohm stable in bridged mode

would it be stable if i hooked up my pair of Infinity (4ohms) to the front and bridge the rear channel for my pair of subs (SVC at 4ohms each)?? Won't the rear channel be running on 2ohms now? And the MTX 1004 Thunder is only stable on 4ohms bridge.

what i do now?

Username: Marc1

Post Number: 4
just been reading your comments ken C

Have you tried looking for some of amps in places like (Cash converters)!
prices are cheap and they dont know what the value is worth).
where i found amps like my Orion 2100 hcca digital reference & MY HOME AMP Nad 400 x 2 watts rms,Mono 800+ RMS,for prices $190.00 Aus & the Orion you already know $135.00 Aus

((Just have to do some looking)).

Yes i know i don't like buying second hand things!, but at those prices you can't look past them.
Theres so many different brands here in Sydney you get lost in looking which one you want.

And if you want to know what spec they offer
you cant go past this place for your information.

Marc

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 19
thanks marc.
will do a bit more "investigation" in cash converters. As long as the amp works well and comes with a 6mths warranty on em I shouldn't expect much at that price.
Wish i was in Sydney tho.

thanks again to yous all. :-)

MetalChan
Unregistered guest
heya ken,
bro i can relate..im out here in Asia and damn! its haaard finding good stuff. U mentioned IndoAudio, i'm not here to bash 'em or anythin' but just wanna share my experience. I bought a Kicker KX350.2 from them last Feb. paid via demand draft (got no paypal) on 11th Feb. IndoAudio got the payment on 18th Feb and sent me a confirmation email. Fast forward a month and it's March .. got an email from EBay with a warning strike! Turns out IndoAudio was complaining i havent sent any payment. Emailed back and forth and got the matter cleared up. Fast forward another month and it's April..guess what? Still no amp..emailed a buncha times and everytime their responses have been short.. too short. No explaination, no excuses, nothing.. just stalling. Finally asked for a refund and didnt even get a response, just more stall. Very frusted with the whole thing.. guess when it comes down to it international transactions are a gamble eh?

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 25
yikes...wouldn't want to be in ya shoes Metal. Need to buy those prepaid ph cards and give IndoAudio an ear full. But have to admit their gears are cheaper than others brand new.

I was looking at another one call Locust Audio ( for Kicker Amps) and AussieCarAudio for the HU (Alpine CDA9833 coz of their 4V output). Infinity Perfect is cheaper in AussieCarAudio too and they do WOrldwide delivery.

Thought you would be able to find more stuff in Asia as most stuff are today manufactured in Asia. Vietnam does Infinity, kicker, alpine...China. And a whole lot more too are coming out of China. Out here in woop woopp Darwin i get jacks#!d.

Btw, is Kicker Amps (KX series) better in SQ than PG amps (Xenon and Octane) for both components and subs?? Or is one better in one field than the other.

thanks fellas

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 13
Selling XTANT 1001 amp normal 1200.00 selling for 600.00 mint condition. call (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us