Crackle..crackle????4x6 question

Username: Vwgn

Post Number: 3
so i just put my brand new pioneer ts-g464or 2-way 4x6s in my 1980 vw scirocco my HU is a panasonic cq-hx1083u i dont know the power on the HU but my spaekers are rated 20w NOMINAL power?..is that rms and 100w max and they sound shi**y they crackle and dont sound like they are getting enough/too much power?...did i wire em wrong?..what should i check?..thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 82
i'm having the same problem

Username: Vwgn

Post Number: 4
my head unit is 50w x4...the speakers say 20w rms 100 watt max...shuld i buy 4x6 speakers that are 60w rms? would that do the trick? is it just 50 watts rms? from the deck going to 20w rms too much for speakers even though they are 100w max?...thnaks..HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 246
That headunit most like puts out around 22 watts of power. You probably just wired them wrong or got a sh!tty pair of Pioneer speakers, not like it's all that uncommon.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 247
Excuse me I meant like 12 watts.. 12-16 watts, so that is not the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 105
Check your grounds and they are pioneer. I had a few and they were okay for temp use, but the Rockfords i have now are better

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2026
MAKE SURE you have the correct filters set. If the speakers do work, make sure you have a High Pass filter on the speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us